Luggage Shipping to Kiribati
Send your luggage to Kiribati using Send My Bag's fast and cost-effective luggage shipping service.
Important Kiribati Customs Information
General Customs Information
The majority of countries offer consignees a duty-free allowance for personal effects. Therefore, if you are only sending personal effects, it is unlikely your shipment will be stopped by customs. Personal effects tend to be defined as used items that have been in the sender's possession for 6 months or more.
When shipping items, you need to show customs officials that you are only sending personal effects. This should be done by completing an online packing list, with entries to be made as follows: "2 x Pairs Linen Trousers, 2 x Pairs Denim Shorts, 6 x Pairs Cotton Socks", and so on, rather than as "10 x Used Clothing".
If you include brand new or commercial items in your shipment, it may be assessed for customs duties and taxes. If you are sending gifts to Kiribati please check with local customs about any customs duties that need to be paid, follow any advice given and attach all necessary documentation.
As customs processes are different depending on the country, we ask customers to take 5 minutes to check how their personal circumstances and what they are sending will be viewed under the current customs regulations in Kiribati.
More information is available on our customs information page.
What can I send to Kiribati? What items are restricted?
With Send My Bag™ you can travel with almost everything you would normally find in a vacation suitcase. For security and customs reasons, however, certain items are prohibited. Please find these listed below.
- Aerosols or any other pressurised containers;
- Liquids, Pastes and Gels of any type (including nail varnish and perfume);
- Toner Cartridges;
- Loose Batteries & Power Banks;
- No more than 1 device containing a battery in line with our battery policy;
- Animals and Animal products;
- Firearms and firearm parts, ammunition, explosives, weapons (including imitations and toys of same);
- Flowers and plant products;
- Human remains or ashes;
- Medical samples;
- Items that require a temperature controlled environment;
- Prescription drugs and pharmaceutical products;
- Religious Artefacts
- Foodstuffs, perishable, animal origin and controlled food articles and beverages including, but not limited to: Fruit & vegetables, dairy products (including dried products containing dairy such as protein powder), meat, fish, nuts, seeds, wine, beer, spirits and champagne; or
- Packages that are wet, leaking or emit an odour of any kind;
- Valuables and high value items including but not limited to antiques, paintings, jewellery, precious stones and electrical equipment (low value electrical equipment is permitted but sent at the owner's risk);
- Cash or other forms of tradeable currency;
- Credit cards;
- Passports or other confidential personal documentation;
- Irreplaceable items;
- Other Dangerous / hazardous goods;
- Counterfeit goods;
- Other illegal or restricted goods.
More information is available under section 11 of our terms of service.
Items excluded from cover
The following items will be accepted but are sent at your risk and are not included under complimentary cover:
- Electrical Items, including but not limited to; Tablets, Cell Phones, Computers, Hi-Fis, TVs.
- Glass & Porcelain.
- Any other non standard excess baggage items.
If you choose to send any of the above please ensure you package the item appropriately, for example a TV inside a suitcase is not appropriate.