Baggage Shipping to Montserrat
Important Montserrat Customs Information
General Customs Information
Personal effects are used items that you have owned for at least 6 months. As most countries offer a generous duty-free allowance for personal effects, most Send My Bag shipments will not be stopped by customs.
However, if your bag is stopped by Montserratian customs and is found to contain brand new or commercial items, then you may be required to pay customs duties and taxes before you can receive your items. Brand new items include Christmas and birthday gifts. It is important that you check with local customs so you are aware of potential customs duties you may have to pay and follow closely any advice given, including what documentation you should supply.
Because customs processes and allowances are different, depending on the country, it is advised that you take a few minutes to see how your circumstances and your shipment will be viewed by Montserratian customs.
To find out more about customs, have a look at our customs information page.
To show that your shipment consists of personal effects, you will need to fill out a short packing list online, entries to be made in the format: "2 x Denim Jeans, 4 x Cotton Dress, 4 x Leather Sandals", and so on, rather than as "10 x Used Clothing".
What can I send to Montserrat? What items are restricted?
With Send My Bag™ you can travel with almost everything you would normally find in a vacation suitcase. For security and customs reasons, however, certain items are prohibited. Please find these listed below.
- Aerosols or any other pressurised containers;
- Liquids, Pastes and Gels of any type (including nail varnish and perfume);
- Toner Cartridges;
- Loose Batteries & Power Banks;
- No more than 1 device containing a battery in line with our battery policy;
- Animals and Animal products;
- Firearms and firearm parts, ammunition, explosives, weapons (including imitations and toys of same);
- Flowers and plant products;
- Human remains or ashes;
- Medical samples;
- Items that require a temperature controlled environment;
- Prescription drugs and pharmaceutical products;
- Religious Artefacts
- Foodstuffs, perishable, animal origin and controlled food articles and beverages including, but not limited to: Fruit & vegetables, dairy products (including dried products containing dairy such as protein powder), meat, fish, nuts, seeds, wine, beer, spirits and champagne; or
- Packages that are wet, leaking or emit an odour of any kind;
- Valuables and high value items including but not limited to antiques, paintings, jewellery, precious stones and electrical equipment (low value electrical equipment is permitted but sent at the owner's risk);
- Cash or other forms of tradeable currency;
- Credit cards;
- Passports or other confidential personal documentation;
- Irreplaceable items;
- Other Dangerous / hazardous goods;
- Counterfeit goods;
- Other illegal or restricted goods.
More information is available under section 11 of our terms of service.
Items excluded from cover
The following items will be accepted but are sent at your risk and are not included under complimentary cover:
- Electrical Items, including but not limited to; Tablets, Cell Phones, Computers, Hi-Fis, TVs.
- Glass & Porcelain.
- Any other non standard excess baggage items.
If you choose to send any of the above please ensure you package the item appropriately, for example a TV inside a suitcase is not appropriate.