Ship a Suitcase with Send My Bag
Many of Send My Bag’s customers choose to send their belongings in suitcases. This is a good option as suitcases tend to be well-designed to hold substantial amounts of luggage. By shipping your luggage you get to pack your suitcase but then leave the heavy lifting to someone else ‒ one of the many benefits of sending luggage ahead.
Get your quick quote now!
Tips for Preparing Your Suitcase
It is important to choose the correct suitcase for shipping luggage and that you prepare your suitcase carefully by following these tips:
- It is advised that you DO NOT use designer, light-weight shell suitcases, nor spinner suitcases, for our luggage delivery service, as these could become damaged in transit.
- Extendable suitcase handles should be secured with tape so that they don’t deploy when in transit.
- Don’t lock your suitcase, but secure the zips with a cable tie or string.
- Attach your labels securely, ideally using Send My Bag label holders, which have been specifically designed for transit. You can order label holders to arrive by post during booking or via your account.
- If you don’t have time for label holders to arrive, attach your label very securely to the front of your suitcase using tape that doubles back on itself.
- Make sure you include a backup label inside your suitcase.
- Do not pack any prohibited items within your suitcase. Check out our FAQs for more information on prohibited items.
- Where applicable, include a packing list with your shipment, plus any additional customs documentation required of you. Find your baggage shipping destination for more information.
- Attach your address label and packing list in separate label holders so both are visible at all times.
- You must also provide the driver with a copy of your address label, and a packing list, where applicable.
Watch our helpful video for more information on preparing your suitcase.
Sending Other Containers
Of course, we don’t just ship suitcases. We also ship: