Send Luggage to the British Virgin Islands
Important British Virgin Islands Customs Information
General Customs Information
Personal effects are defined as items that have been in the sender’s possession for at least six months. Shipments containing only personal effects are unlikely to incur any customs duties or taxes as most countries offer generous duty-free allowances for personal effects.
To indicate to customs officials that you are only sending personal effects, it is essential that you complete a packing list online, that should be written as follows: "2 x Cotton T-shirt, 3 x Sweatshirt, 5 x Pairs of Socks", and so on, rather than as "10 x Used Clothing".
If your shipment is found to contain brand new or commercial items, you may have to pay taxes and duties to allow your shipment to clear customs. This is something you should bear this in mind if sending brand new items, such as gifts, to the British Virgin Islands. Before you book your collection, you should look into any customs duties you might have to pay, take any advice given by British Virgin Islands customs, and attach any documentation asked of you.
Because customs processes and allowances are different depending on your destination country, we advise all travellers take 5 minutes to check how their personal circumstances and what they are sending will be assessed according to your destination's customs regulations.
You can find out more on our customs information page.
What can I send to British Virgin Islands? What items are restricted?
With Send My Bag™ you can travel with almost everything you would normally find in a holiday suitcase, for security and customs reasons however certain items are prohibited, please find these listed below.
A maximum of 1 lithium battery is permitted per shipment (excludes to / from Australia & China when no device containing a lithium battery can be shipped) when it is contained within a working personal electronic device such as a mobile phone. Review our battery policy.
- Aerosols or any other pressurised containers;
- Liquids, Pastes and Gels of any type (including nail varnish, perfume, aftershave & liquid deodorant);
- Toner Cartridges;
- Loose Batteries & Power Banks;
- No more than ONE device containing a lithium battery in line with our battery policy OR when shipping to / from Australia or China, NO device containing any type of battery;
- Animals and Animal products;
- Firearms and firearm parts, ammunition, explosives, weapons (including imitations and toys of same);
- Flowers and plant products;
- Human remains or ashes;
- Medical samples;
- Items that require a temperature controlled environment;
- Prescription drugs and pharmaceutical products;
- Religious Artefacts
- Foodstuffs, perishable, animal origin and controlled food articles and beverages including, but not limited to: Fruit & vegetables, dairy products (including dried products containing dairy such as protein powder), meat, fish, nuts, seeds, wine, beer, spirits and champagne; or
- Packages that are wet, leaking or emit an odour of any kind;
- Valuables and high value items including but not limited to antiques, paintings, jewellery, precious stones and electrical equipment (low value electrical equipment is permitted but sent at the owner's risk);
- Cash or other forms of tradeable currency;
- Credit cards;
- Passports or other confidential personal documentation;
- Irreplaceable items;
- Other Dangerous / hazardous goods;
- Counterfeit goods;
- Other illegal or restricted goods.
More information is available under section 11 of our terms of service.
Items excluded from cover
The following items will be accepted but are sent at your risk and are not included under complimentary cover:
- Electrical Items, including but not limited to; Tablets, Mobile Phones, Computers, Hi-Fis, TVs.
- Glass & Porcelain.
- Any other non standard excess baggage items.
If you choose to send any of the above please ensure you package the item appropriately, for example a TV inside a suitcase is not appropriate.