Luggage Shipping to Burkina Faso
Send your possessions to Burkina Faso to enable your move abroad. You can easily set up your new home by shipping your favourite things with Send My Bag.
Important Burkina Faso Customs Information
General Customs Information
Personal effects are typically defined as used items that have been in the sender's possession for 6 months or more. Most countries grant a duty-free allowance for personal effects, which means that the majority of Send My Bag shipments are not stopped by customs.
You must show that you are sending only personal effects by completing a short non-generic packing list online, to be filled out as follows: "1 x Denim Jeans, 4 x Pairs of Leather Sandals, 5 x Cotton Shirt", and so on, rather than as "10 x Used Clothing".
If Burkinabe customs find brand new or commercial items in your shipment, you may be required to pay duties and taxes in order for your shipment to clear customs. If you are sending Christmas or birthday gifts to Burkina Faso please check with Burkinabe customs so you are aware of any customs duties that need to be paid, follow any advice given and attach all documentation required of you.
As customs processes and allowances differ depending on the country, we suggest travellers take 5 minutes to check how their own circumstances and what they are sending will be viewed under current Burkinabe customs regulations.
Further information is available on our customs information page.
What can I send to Burkina Faso? What items are restricted?
With Send My Bag™ you can travel with almost everything you would normally find in a vacation suitcase. For security and customs reasons, however, certain items are prohibited. Please find these listed below.
- Aerosols or any other pressurised containers;
- Liquids, Pastes and Gels of any type (including nail varnish and perfume);
- Toner Cartridges;
- Loose Batteries & Power Banks;
- No more than 1 device containing a battery in line with our battery policy;
- Animals and Animal products;
- Firearms and firearm parts, ammunition, explosives, weapons (including imitations and toys of same);
- Flowers and plant products;
- Human remains or ashes;
- Medical samples;
- Items that require a temperature controlled environment;
- Prescription drugs and pharmaceutical products;
- Religious Artefacts
- Foodstuffs, perishable, animal origin and controlled food articles and beverages including, but not limited to: Fruit & vegetables, dairy products (including dried products containing dairy such as protein powder), meat, fish, nuts, seeds, wine, beer, spirits and champagne; or
- Packages that are wet, leaking or emit an odour of any kind;
- Valuables and high value items including but not limited to antiques, paintings, jewellery, precious stones and electrical equipment (low value electrical equipment is permitted but sent at the owner's risk);
- Cash or other forms of tradeable currency;
- Credit cards;
- Passports or other confidential personal documentation;
- Irreplaceable items;
- Other Dangerous / hazardous goods;
- Counterfeit goods;
- Other illegal or restricted goods.
More information is available under section 11 of our terms of service.
Items excluded from cover
The following items will be accepted but are sent at your risk and are not included under complimentary cover:
- Electrical Items, including but not limited to; Tablets, Cell Phones, Computers, Hi-Fis, TVs.
- Glass & Porcelain.
- Any other non standard excess baggage items.
If you choose to send any of the above please ensure you package the item appropriately, for example a TV inside a suitcase is not appropriate.