Luggage Shipping to Burundi
Travelling to Burundi on an extended trip or perhaps moving there? Then make life easier by sending your possessions to Burundi with Send My Bag.
Important Burundi Customs Information
General customs information
Most countries allow a substantial amount of personal effects to be shipped into their country duty free, so the majority of Send My Bag shipments worldwide will not be stopped by customs.
Personal effects are usually defined as used items that have been in the sender's possession for at least 6 months. If your bag is inspected by Burundian customs officials and they find brand new or commercial items, you may have to pay duties and taxes in order for your shipment to clear customs. Do keep this in mind if you are sending Christmas gifts. Before you ship, please check with Burundian customs so you are aware of potential customs duties, follow any advice given and attach all necessary documentation.
Customs processes and allowances do vary by country, so we ask all customers to take 5 minutes to check how their personal circumstances and what they are sending will be assessed under the prevailing Burundian customs regulations.
You will be required to complete a brief non-generic packing list online to show that you are only sending personal effects. Entries should be made in the format: "2 x Pairs Leather Shoes, 1 x Denim Jacket, 3 x Cotton Shorts", and so on, rather than as "10 x Used Clothing".
More information is available on our customs information page.
What can I send to Burundi? What items are restricted?
With Send My Bag™ you can travel with almost everything you would normally find in a vacation suitcase. For security and customs reasons, however, certain items are prohibited. Please find these listed below.
- Aerosols or any other pressurised containers;
- Liquids, Pastes and Gels of any type (including nail varnish and perfume);
- Toner Cartridges;
- Loose Batteries & Power Banks;
- No more than 1 device containing a battery in line with our battery policy;
- Animals and Animal products;
- Firearms and firearm parts, ammunition, explosives, weapons (including imitations and toys of same);
- Flowers and plant products;
- Human remains or ashes;
- Medical samples;
- Items that require a temperature controlled environment;
- Prescription drugs and pharmaceutical products;
- Religious Artefacts
- Foodstuffs, perishable, animal origin and controlled food articles and beverages including, but not limited to: Fruit & vegetables, dairy products (including dried products containing dairy such as protein powder), meat, fish, nuts, seeds, wine, beer, spirits and champagne; or
- Packages that are wet, leaking or emit an odour of any kind;
- Valuables and high value items including but not limited to antiques, paintings, jewellery, precious stones and electrical equipment (low value electrical equipment is permitted but sent at the owner's risk);
- Cash or other forms of tradeable currency;
- Credit cards;
- Passports or other confidential personal documentation;
- Irreplaceable items;
- Other Dangerous / hazardous goods;
- Counterfeit goods;
- Other illegal or restricted goods.
More information is available under section 11 of our terms of service.
Items excluded from cover
The following items will be accepted but are sent at your risk and are not included under complimentary cover:
- Electrical Items, including but not limited to; Tablets, Cell Phones, Computers, Hi-Fis, TVs.
- Glass & Porcelain.
- Any other non standard excess baggage items.
If you choose to send any of the above please ensure you package the item appropriately, for example a TV inside a suitcase is not appropriate.