Luggage Shipping to Cameroon
Moving to Cameroon? Going there on a work trip? Or perhaps you are returning home to Cameroon? Then use Send My Bag to send your possessions and avoid the hassle of paying excess baggage fees to your airline.
Important Cameroon Customs Information
General Customs Information
Most countries offer a duty-free allowance for personal effects, so the majority of Send My Bag shipments will not be stopped by customs.
Personal effects are defined as items that have been in the sender’s possession for at least six months. If your shipment is found to contain brand new or commercial items, you may be required to pay taxes and duties.
You should bear this in mind if sending brand new items, such as Christmas or birthday presents, to Cameroon. You should research beforehand any customs duties you might have to pay, take any advice given by Cameroonian customs, and attach any documentation required of you.
To show customs officials that you are only sending personal effects, you need to complete a packing list online, that should be written as follows: "2 x Pairs of Linen Trousers, 3 x Jeans, 5 x Cotton T-Shirt", etc., rather than as "10 x Used Clothing".
Different countries have different customs processes and allowances, so we advise all travellers to take 5 minutes to check how their personal circumstances and what they are sending will be assessed under prevailing Cameroonian customs regulations.
More information is available on our customs information page.
What can I send to Cameroon? What items are restricted?
With Send My Bag™ you can travel with almost everything you would normally find in a vacation suitcase. For security and customs reasons, however, certain items are prohibited. Please find these listed below.
- Aerosols or any other pressurised containers;
- Liquids, Pastes and Gels of any type (including nail varnish and perfume);
- Toner Cartridges;
- Loose Batteries & Power Banks;
- No more than 1 device containing a battery in line with our battery policy;
- Animals and Animal products;
- Firearms and firearm parts, ammunition, explosives, weapons (including imitations and toys of same);
- Flowers and plant products;
- Human remains or ashes;
- Medical samples;
- Items that require a temperature controlled environment;
- Prescription drugs and pharmaceutical products;
- Religious Artefacts
- Foodstuffs, perishable, animal origin and controlled food articles and beverages including, but not limited to: Fruit & vegetables, dairy products (including dried products containing dairy such as protein powder), meat, fish, nuts, seeds, wine, beer, spirits and champagne; or
- Packages that are wet, leaking or emit an odour of any kind;
- Valuables and high value items including but not limited to antiques, paintings, jewellery, precious stones and electrical equipment (low value electrical equipment is permitted but sent at the owner's risk);
- Cash or other forms of tradeable currency;
- Credit cards;
- Passports or other confidential personal documentation;
- Irreplaceable items;
- Other Dangerous / hazardous goods;
- Counterfeit goods;
- Other illegal or restricted goods.
More information is available under section 11 of our terms of service.
Items excluded from cover
The following items will be accepted but are sent at your risk and are not included under complimentary cover:
- Electrical Items, including but not limited to; Tablets, Cell Phones, Computers, Hi-Fis, TVs.
- Glass & Porcelain.
- Any other non standard excess baggage items.
If you choose to send any of the above please ensure you package the item appropriately, for example a TV inside a suitcase is not appropriate.