Luggage Shipping to Cape Verde
Heading to Cape Verde for an extended period of time or moving there permanently? Then use Send My Bag to ship your possessions and set up home there.
Important Cape Verde Customs Information
General Customs Information
Given that most countries offer a generous duty free allowance for personal effects, the majority of Send My Bag shipments worldwide will not be intercepted by customs.
Personal effects are usually defined as used items that have been in the sender's possession for 6 months or more. If brand new or commercial items are found in your shipment, you may have to pay customs duties and taxes. Please keep this in mind when sending Christmas or birthday gifts. Before sending, you should check with Cape Verdean customs so you are aware of any potential customs duties, follow any advice given and attach all necessary documentation.
Customs processes and allowances do vary by country and, therefore, we ask all customers to check how their personal circumstances and what they are sending will be assessed under the prevailing customs regulations of their destination.
To find out more, have a look at our customs information page.
In order to demonstrate your shipment consists of personal effects, you will be required to complete a brief non-generic packing list online, entries to be made in the format: "2 x Denim Jeans, 3 x Woollen Jumper, 5 x Cotton Top", and so on, rather than as "10 x Used Clothing".
What can I send to Cape Verde? What items are restricted?
With Send My Bag™ you can travel with almost everything you would normally find in a vacation suitcase. For security and customs reasons, however, certain items are prohibited. Please find these listed below.
- Aerosols or any other pressurised containers;
- Liquids, Pastes and Gels of any type (including nail varnish and perfume);
- Toner Cartridges;
- Loose Batteries & Power Banks;
- No more than 1 device containing a battery in line with our battery policy;
- Animals and Animal products;
- Firearms and firearm parts, ammunition, explosives, weapons (including imitations and toys of same);
- Flowers and plant products;
- Human remains or ashes;
- Medical samples;
- Items that require a temperature controlled environment;
- Prescription drugs and pharmaceutical products;
- Religious Artefacts
- Foodstuffs, perishable, animal origin and controlled food articles and beverages including, but not limited to: Fruit & vegetables, dairy products (including dried products containing dairy such as protein powder), meat, fish, nuts, seeds, wine, beer, spirits and champagne; or
- Packages that are wet, leaking or emit an odour of any kind;
- Valuables and high value items including but not limited to antiques, paintings, jewellery, precious stones and electrical equipment (low value electrical equipment is permitted but sent at the owner's risk);
- Cash or other forms of tradeable currency;
- Credit cards;
- Passports or other confidential personal documentation;
- Irreplaceable items;
- Other Dangerous / hazardous goods;
- Counterfeit goods;
- Other illegal or restricted goods.
More information is available under section 11 of our terms of service.
Items excluded from cover
The following items will be accepted but are sent at your risk and are not included under complimentary cover:
- Electrical Items, including but not limited to; Tablets, Cell Phones, Computers, Hi-Fis, TVs.
- Glass & Porcelain.
- Any other non standard excess baggage items.
If you choose to send any of the above please ensure you package the item appropriately, for example a TV inside a suitcase is not appropriate.