Luggage Shipping to Chad
Make your move to Chad easy by sending your possessions with Send My Bag. Enjoy a luggage-free journey to Chad without the stress of incuring excess baggage fees.
Important Chad Customs Information
General Customs Information
If you are sending gifts to Chad, you should be aware that you may need to pay customs takes and duties. Shipments containing personal effects are typically allowed to pass through customs with no additional cost. Brand new or commercial items, however, may incur taxes.
Personal effects are items that have been in the sender’s possession for at least six months. To show customs officials that you are only sending personal effects, you need to complete a packing list online, that should be written as follows: "2 x Cotton Shorts, 4 x Linen Blouse, 3 x Pairs Leather Shoes", and so on, rather than as "10 x Used Clothing".
Before you book in your collection you should research beforehand any customs duties you might have to pay, take any advice given by Chadian customs, and attach any documentation required of you.
Customs processes and allowances do vary by country, so we advise all customers to take 5 minutes to check how their personal circumstances and what they are sending will be assessed under prevailing Chadian customs regulations.
More information is available on our customs information page.
What can I send to Chad? What items are restricted?
With Send My Bag™ you can travel with almost everything you would normally find in a vacation suitcase. For security and customs reasons, however, certain items are prohibited. Please find these listed below.
- Aerosols or any other pressurised containers;
- Liquids, Pastes and Gels of any type (including nail varnish and perfume);
- Toner Cartridges;
- Loose Batteries & Power Banks;
- No more than 1 device containing a battery in line with our battery policy;
- Animals and Animal products;
- Firearms and firearm parts, ammunition, explosives, weapons (including imitations and toys of same);
- Flowers and plant products;
- Human remains or ashes;
- Medical samples;
- Items that require a temperature controlled environment;
- Prescription drugs and pharmaceutical products;
- Religious Artefacts
- Foodstuffs, perishable, animal origin and controlled food articles and beverages including, but not limited to: Fruit & vegetables, dairy products (including dried products containing dairy such as protein powder), meat, fish, nuts, seeds, wine, beer, spirits and champagne; or
- Packages that are wet, leaking or emit an odour of any kind;
- Valuables and high value items including but not limited to antiques, paintings, jewellery, precious stones and electrical equipment (low value electrical equipment is permitted but sent at the owner's risk);
- Cash or other forms of tradeable currency;
- Credit cards;
- Passports or other confidential personal documentation;
- Irreplaceable items;
- Other Dangerous / hazardous goods;
- Counterfeit goods;
- Other illegal or restricted goods.
More information is available under section 11 of our terms of service.
Items excluded from cover
The following items will be accepted but are sent at your risk and are not included under complimentary cover:
- Electrical Items, including but not limited to; Tablets, Cell Phones, Computers, Hi-Fis, TVs.
- Glass & Porcelain.
- Any other non standard excess baggage items.
If you choose to send any of the above please ensure you package the item appropriately, for example a TV inside a suitcase is not appropriate.