Luggage Shipping to Cote D'Ivoire
Create a home in Cote D'Ivoire by sending your possessions with Send My Bag.
Important Cote D'Ivoire Customs Information
General Customs Information
Personal effects are normally considered to be used items that have been in the consignee's possession for 6 months or more. The majority of countries allow consignees to ship a large amount of personal items, known as personal effects, duty-free across their borders. It is because of this allowance that most Send My Bag shipments are not stopped by customs.
It is essential that you demonstrate to customs that your shipment is made up of personal effects. This is done by completing a short packing list online, with entries to be made in the following format: "2 x Denim Jeans, 5 x Pairs of Socks, 4 x Cotton T-Shirt", and so on, rather than as "10 x Used Clothing".
If Ivorian customs find brand new or commercial items in your shipment, they may charge for customs duties and taxes. If you are sending gifts to Cote D'Ivoire please check with Ivorian customs so you are aware beforehand of any customs duties you need to pay, follow any advice they give you and attach all necessary documentation.
We ask all customers to take a few minutes to check how their circumstances and what they are sending will be viewed under the customs regulations of Cote D'Ivoire. This is because customs rules and allowances vary according to country.
More information can be found on our customs information page.
What can I send to Cote D'Ivoire? What items are restricted?
With Send My Bag™ you can travel with almost everything you would normally find in a vacation suitcase. For security and customs reasons, however, certain items are prohibited. Please find these listed below.
- Aerosols or any other pressurised containers;
- Liquids, Pastes and Gels of any type (including nail varnish and perfume);
- Toner Cartridges;
- Loose Batteries & Power Banks;
- No more than 1 device containing a battery in line with our battery policy;
- Animals and Animal products;
- Firearms and firearm parts, ammunition, explosives, weapons (including imitations and toys of same);
- Flowers and plant products;
- Human remains or ashes;
- Medical samples;
- Items that require a temperature controlled environment;
- Prescription drugs and pharmaceutical products;
- Religious Artefacts
- Foodstuffs, perishable, animal origin and controlled food articles and beverages including, but not limited to: Fruit & vegetables, dairy products (including dried products containing dairy such as protein powder), meat, fish, nuts, seeds, wine, beer, spirits and champagne; or
- Packages that are wet, leaking or emit an odour of any kind;
- Valuables and high value items including but not limited to antiques, paintings, jewellery, precious stones and electrical equipment (low value electrical equipment is permitted but sent at the owner's risk);
- Cash or other forms of tradeable currency;
- Credit cards;
- Passports or other confidential personal documentation;
- Irreplaceable items;
- Other Dangerous / hazardous goods;
- Counterfeit goods;
- Other illegal or restricted goods.
More information is available under section 11 of our terms of service.
Items excluded from cover
The following items will be accepted but are sent at your risk and are not included under complimentary cover:
- Electrical Items, including but not limited to; Tablets, Cell Phones, Computers, Hi-Fis, TVs.
- Glass & Porcelain.
- Any other non standard excess baggage items.
If you choose to send any of the above please ensure you package the item appropriately, for example a TV inside a suitcase is not appropriate.