Luggage Shipping to Djibouti
Working abroad in Djibouti or moving there permanently? Then send your things with Send My Bag and take the stress out of moving.
Important Djibouti Customs Information
General Customs Information
Most countries allow a certain amount of personal effects to cross their borders without charging taxes or duty. Personal effects are typically considered to be used items that the sender has had in their possession for at least 6 months.
To demonstrate that your shipment consists of personal effects, you need to write a packing list, to be completed as follows: "4 x Cotton Pyjama Sets, 1 x Pair Leather Shoes, 4 x Cotton Shirt", and so on, rather than as "10 x Used Clothing".
If your shipment is stopped by Djiboutian customs and is found to contain brand new or commercial items, you may need to pay taxes or duty before your items can clear customs.
If you are sending gifts, please check with Djiboutian customs so you are fully aware of any customs duties, follow any advice given and attach all necessary documentation.
Customs processes and allowances do vary by country, which is why we suggest all travellers take 5 minutes to check how their personal circumstances and what they are sending will be assessed under prevailing Djiboutian customs regulations.
More information is available on our customs information page.
What can I send to Djibouti? What items are restricted?
With Send My Bag™ you can travel with almost everything you would normally find in a vacation suitcase. For security and customs reasons, however, certain items are prohibited. Please find these listed below.
- Aerosols or any other pressurised containers;
- Liquids, Pastes and Gels of any type (including nail varnish and perfume);
- Toner Cartridges;
- Loose Batteries & Power Banks;
- No more than 1 device containing a battery in line with our battery policy;
- Animals and Animal products;
- Firearms and firearm parts, ammunition, explosives, weapons (including imitations and toys of same);
- Flowers and plant products;
- Human remains or ashes;
- Medical samples;
- Items that require a temperature controlled environment;
- Prescription drugs and pharmaceutical products;
- Religious Artefacts
- Foodstuffs, perishable, animal origin and controlled food articles and beverages including, but not limited to: Fruit & vegetables, dairy products (including dried products containing dairy such as protein powder), meat, fish, nuts, seeds, wine, beer, spirits and champagne; or
- Packages that are wet, leaking or emit an odour of any kind;
- Valuables and high value items including but not limited to antiques, paintings, jewellery, precious stones and electrical equipment (low value electrical equipment is permitted but sent at the owner's risk);
- Cash or other forms of tradeable currency;
- Credit cards;
- Passports or other confidential personal documentation;
- Irreplaceable items;
- Other Dangerous / hazardous goods;
- Counterfeit goods;
- Other illegal or restricted goods.
More information is available under section 11 of our terms of service.
Items excluded from cover
The following items will be accepted but are sent at your risk and are not included under complimentary cover:
- Electrical Items, including but not limited to; Tablets, Cell Phones, Computers, Hi-Fis, TVs.
- Glass & Porcelain.
- Any other non standard excess baggage items.
If you choose to send any of the above please ensure you package the item appropriately, for example a TV inside a suitcase is not appropriate.