Luggage Shipping to Dominica
Moving to the island of Dominica? Then take your favourite things with you by shipping your possessions with Send My Bag.
Important Dominica Customs Information
General Customs Information
Most countries offer a generous duty free allowance for personal effects. This means that the majority of Send My Bag shipments worldwide are not held up at customs.
Personal effects are used items that have been in the sender's possession for 6 months or more. In order to demonstrate that your shipment is made up of personal effects you will be required to complete a brief non-generic packing list online, entries to be made in the format: "2 x Silk Ties, 3 x Denim Jeans, 1 x Straw Hat", etc., and not as "10 x Used Clothing".
If your bag is checked by Dominican customs officials and brand new or commercial items are found, your shipment may be assessed for customs duties and taxes. If you are sending Christmas gifts or other presents, please check with Dominican customs so you are aware of potential customs duties, follow any advice given and attach all necessary documentation.
We strongly advise all travellers to check how their personal circumstances and what they are sending will be viewed by Dominican customs officials before they arrange collection.
More information is available on our customs information page.
What can I send to Dominica? What items are restricted?
With Send My Bag™ you can travel with almost everything you would normally find in a vacation suitcase. For security and customs reasons, however, certain items are prohibited. Please find these listed below.
- Aerosols or any other pressurised containers;
- Liquids, Pastes and Gels of any type (including nail varnish and perfume);
- Toner Cartridges;
- Loose Batteries & Power Banks;
- No more than 1 device containing a battery in line with our battery policy;
- Animals and Animal products;
- Firearms and firearm parts, ammunition, explosives, weapons (including imitations and toys of same);
- Flowers and plant products;
- Human remains or ashes;
- Medical samples;
- Items that require a temperature controlled environment;
- Prescription drugs and pharmaceutical products;
- Religious Artefacts
- Foodstuffs, perishable, animal origin and controlled food articles and beverages including, but not limited to: Fruit & vegetables, dairy products (including dried products containing dairy such as protein powder), meat, fish, nuts, seeds, wine, beer, spirits and champagne; or
- Packages that are wet, leaking or emit an odour of any kind;
- Valuables and high value items including but not limited to antiques, paintings, jewellery, precious stones and electrical equipment (low value electrical equipment is permitted but sent at the owner's risk);
- Cash or other forms of tradeable currency;
- Credit cards;
- Passports or other confidential personal documentation;
- Irreplaceable items;
- Other Dangerous / hazardous goods;
- Counterfeit goods;
- Other illegal or restricted goods.
More information is available under section 11 of our terms of service.
Items excluded from cover
The following items will be accepted but are sent at your risk and are not included under complimentary cover:
- Electrical Items, including but not limited to; Tablets, Cell Phones, Computers, Hi-Fis, TVs.
- Glass & Porcelain.
- Any other non standard excess baggage items.
If you choose to send any of the above please ensure you package the item appropriately, for example a TV inside a suitcase is not appropriate.