Luggage Shipping to Equatorial Guinea
If you are moving to Equatorial Guinea, Send My Bag is a great solution for transporting your possessions, allowing you to quickly set up your new home.
Important Equatorial Guinea Customs Information
General Customs Information
Customs officials worldwide typically view personal effects as used items that have been in the sender's possession for 6 months or more. Shipments containing only personal effects tend not to incur any taxes or duties. This means that most Send My Bag shipments are not stopped by customs.
You will need to demonstrate to the customs officials that what you are sending is made up of personal effects. You should do so by completing a short non-generic packing list online, to be written in the following format: "2 x Linen Trousers, 2 x Pairs Leather Sandals, 6 x Pairs Polyester Socks", and so on, rather than as "10 x Used Clothing".
If Equatorial Guinean customs find brand new or commercial items in your shipment, customs duties and taxes may be levied. With this in mind, you should check what customs duties need to be paid before you send any gifts to Equatorial Guinea. Follow any advice given by local customs and attach all necessary documentation.
Because customs processes and allowances vary by country, we ask travellers to take a few minutes to check how their personal circumstances and what they are sending will be assessed under current Equatorial Guinean customs regulations.
More information is available on our customs information page.
What can I send to Equatorial Guinea? What items are restricted?
With Send My Bag™ you can travel with almost everything you would normally find in a vacation suitcase. For security and customs reasons, however, certain items are prohibited. Please find these listed below.
- Aerosols or any other pressurised containers;
- Liquids, Pastes and Gels of any type (including nail varnish and perfume);
- Toner Cartridges;
- Loose Batteries & Power Banks;
- No more than 1 device containing a battery in line with our battery policy;
- Animals and Animal products;
- Firearms and firearm parts, ammunition, explosives, weapons (including imitations and toys of same);
- Flowers and plant products;
- Human remains or ashes;
- Medical samples;
- Items that require a temperature controlled environment;
- Prescription drugs and pharmaceutical products;
- Religious Artefacts
- Foodstuffs, perishable, animal origin and controlled food articles and beverages including, but not limited to: Fruit & vegetables, dairy products (including dried products containing dairy such as protein powder), meat, fish, nuts, seeds, wine, beer, spirits and champagne; or
- Packages that are wet, leaking or emit an odour of any kind;
- Valuables and high value items including but not limited to antiques, paintings, jewellery, precious stones and electrical equipment (low value electrical equipment is permitted but sent at the owner's risk);
- Cash or other forms of tradeable currency;
- Credit cards;
- Passports or other confidential personal documentation;
- Irreplaceable items;
- Other Dangerous / hazardous goods;
- Counterfeit goods;
- Other illegal or restricted goods.
More information is available under section 11 of our terms of service.
Items excluded from cover
The following items will be accepted but are sent at your risk and are not included under complimentary cover:
- Electrical Items, including but not limited to; Tablets, Cell Phones, Computers, Hi-Fis, TVs.
- Glass & Porcelain.
- Any other non standard excess baggage items.
If you choose to send any of the above please ensure you package the item appropriately, for example a TV inside a suitcase is not appropriate.