Luggage Shipping to the Falkland Islands
Moving to the Falklands Islands or sending a parcel to friends or family living there? Then choose Send My Bag for fast and efficient luggage and parcel shipping.
Important Falkland Islands (Malvinas) Customs Information
General Customs Information
The majority of countries offer consignees a duty-free allowance for personal effects, which are used items that have been in the sender's possession for 6 months or more. This means that most Send My Bag shipments are not stopped by customs.
When shipping items, you need to show customs officials that you are only sending personal effects. You can do this by completing a brief non-generic packing list online, with entries to be made in the following way: "1 x Woollen Blazer, 4 x Denim Jeans, 5 x Pairs Cotton Socks", and so on, rather than as "10 x Used Clothing".
If brand new or commercial items are found by customs officials in the Falklands, your shipment may be assessed for customs duties and taxes. If you are sending gifts to the Falklands please check with local customs about any customs duties that need to be paid, follow any advice given and attach all necessary documentation.
As customs processes are different depending on the country, we ask customers to take 5 minutes to check how their personal circumstances and what they are sending will be viewed under the current customs regulations in the Falklands.
More information is available on our customs information page.
What can I send to Falkland Islands (Malvinas)? What items are restricted?
With Send My Bag™ you can travel with almost everything you would normally find in a vacation suitcase. For security and customs reasons, however, certain items are prohibited. Please find these listed below.
- Aerosols or any other pressurised containers;
- Liquids, Pastes and Gels of any type (including nail varnish and perfume);
- Toner Cartridges;
- Loose Batteries & Power Banks;
- No more than 1 device containing a battery in line with our battery policy;
- Animals and Animal products;
- Firearms and firearm parts, ammunition, explosives, weapons (including imitations and toys of same);
- Flowers and plant products;
- Human remains or ashes;
- Medical samples;
- Items that require a temperature controlled environment;
- Prescription drugs and pharmaceutical products;
- Religious Artefacts
- Foodstuffs, perishable, animal origin and controlled food articles and beverages including, but not limited to: Fruit & vegetables, dairy products (including dried products containing dairy such as protein powder), meat, fish, nuts, seeds, wine, beer, spirits and champagne; or
- Packages that are wet, leaking or emit an odour of any kind;
- Valuables and high value items including but not limited to antiques, paintings, jewellery, precious stones and electrical equipment (low value electrical equipment is permitted but sent at the owner's risk);
- Cash or other forms of tradeable currency;
- Credit cards;
- Passports or other confidential personal documentation;
- Irreplaceable items;
- Other Dangerous / hazardous goods;
- Counterfeit goods;
- Other illegal or restricted goods.
More information is available under section 11 of our terms of service.
Items excluded from cover
The following items will be accepted but are sent at your risk and are not included under complimentary cover:
- Electrical Items, including but not limited to; Tablets, Cell Phones, Computers, Hi-Fis, TVs.
- Glass & Porcelain.
- Any other non standard excess baggage items.
If you choose to send any of the above please ensure you package the item appropriately, for example a TV inside a suitcase is not appropriate.