Baggage Shipping to Guadeloupe
Guadeloupe is an archipelago in the Atlantic Ocean/ Caribbean Sea. It has an area of 1,780 km2 and a population of around 452, 776 people. The islands are a French Overseas Territory where French is the official language and the Franc is the currency. The two main islands of Guadeloupe are, together, shaped like a butterfly. On one of the islands (Grande Terre) there are stunning white beaches and resorts, as well as the largest city – Pointe-a-Pitre. On the other island (Basse Terre) there is a rainforest and waterfalls, as well as a dormant volcano. If you visit Guadeloupe you can enjoy a fantastic beach vacation and also stretch your legs by hiking in the forest.
Why Ship to Guadeloupe?
SendMyBag can help make your journey to Guadeloupe go smoothly by shipping your bags to and from your hotel. This means that your luggage will be there waiting for you on arrival, so that you do not have to wait around at bag drop or luggage carousels. You can also avoid the stress of incurring excess baggage fees. You also don’t have to worry about buying too many souvenirs as these can be shipped back too.
What can I send to Guadeloupe? What items are restricted?
With Send My Bag™ you can travel with almost everything you would normally find in a vacation suitcase. For security and customs reasons, however, certain items are prohibited. Please find these listed below.
- Aerosols or any other pressurised containers;
- Liquids, Pastes and Gels of any type (including nail varnish and perfume);
- Toner Cartridges;
- Animals and Animal products;
- Firearms and firearm parts, ammunition, explosives, weapons (including imitations of same);
- Dangerous / hazardous goods;
- Flowers and plant products;
- Human remains or ashes;
- Illegal or restricted goods;
- Medical samples;
- Items that require a temperature controlled environment;
- Prescription drugs and pharmaceutical products;
- Religious Artefacts
- Foodstuffs, perishable food articles and beverages including, but not limited to: Wine, Beer, Spirits and Champagne; or
- Packages that are wet, leaking or emit an odour of any kind;
- Valuables and high value items including but not limited to antiques, paintings, jewellery, precious stones;
- Cash or other forms of tradeable currency;
- Irreplaceable items.
More information is available under section 11 of our terms of service.
Items excluded from cover
The following items will be accepted but are sent at your risk and are not included under complimentary cover:
- Electrical Items, including but not limited to; Tablets, Cell Phones, Computers, Hi-Fis, TVs.
- Glass & Porcelain.
- Any other non standard excess baggage items.
If you choose to send any of the above please ensure you package the item appropriately, for example a TV inside a suitcase is not appropriate.