Baggage Shipping to Guadeloupe
Guadeloupe is an archipelago in the Atlantic Ocean/ Caribbean Sea. It has an area of 1,780 km2 and a population of around 452, 776 people. The islands are a French Overseas Territory where French is the official language and the Franc is the currency. The two main islands of Guadeloupe are, together, shaped like a butterfly. On one of the islands (Grande Terre) there are stunning white beaches and resorts, as well as the largest city – Pointe-a-Pitre. On the other island (Basse Terre) there is a rainforest and waterfalls, as well as a dormant volcano. If you visit Guadeloupe you can enjoy a fantastic beach vacation and also stretch your legs by hiking in the forest.
Why Ship to Guadeloupe?
SendMyBag can help make your journey to Guadeloupe go smoothly by shipping your bags to and from your hotel. This means that your luggage will be there waiting for you on arrival, so that you do not have to wait around at bag drop or luggage carousels. You can also avoid the stress of incurring excess baggage fees. You also don’t have to worry about buying too many souvenirs as these can be shipped back too.
Important Guadeloupe Customs Information
Consignee shipping to Guadeloupe will be responsible for customs clearance. Guadeloupean customs do not accept "Pro-Forma" invoices, and therefore will treat all consignments as commercial. Consignments with a value over €22 (Twenty-Two Euros) will be subject to any applicable taxes/duties so we advise checking with destination before shipping.
All shipments will incur a storage fee of €3/day + 8.5%VAT after the 5th day of the shipments arrival into the country.
General Customs Information
Most countries offer a generous duty free allowance for personal effects and the majority of Send My Bag™ shipments worldwide will not be stopped by customs.
Personal effects are usually assessed as used items which have been in the sender's possession for 6 months or more. If your bag is checked by customs and is found to contain brand new or commercial items your shipment may be assessed for customs duties and taxes. If you are sending Christmas gifts please check with the destination country, follow their advice and attach all necessary documentation.
Customs processes and allowances do vary by country and as such we advise all travellers take 5 minutes to check how their personal circumstances and what they are sending will be assessed under the prevailing customs regulations of the destination.
When a bag is stopped by customs for any reason (missing documentation, prohibited contents, commercial contents or further information required) Send My Bag™ records how long customs hold it for. Our historical statistics for this route indicate that if the customs authority stops your bag they will on average take 2 days to process it and release it back to us for delivery.
More information is available in on our customs information page.
In order to demonstrate your shipment is personal effects you will be required to complete a brief non generic packing list online, entries to be made in the format: "5 x Cotton T-Shirts, 2 x Jeans, 3 x Cotton Shirt" and so on rather than as "10 x Used Clothing".
What can I send to Guadeloupe? What items are restricted?
With Send My Bag™ you can travel with almost everything you would normally find in a vacation suitcase. For security and customs reasons, however, certain items are prohibited. Please find these listed below.
- Aerosols or any other pressurised containers;
- Liquids, Pastes and Gels of any type (including nail varnish and perfume);
- Toner Cartridges;
- Loose Batteries & Power Banks;
- No more than 1 device containing a battery in line with our battery policy;
- Animals and Animal products;
- Firearms and firearm parts, ammunition, explosives, weapons (including imitations and toys of same);
- Flowers and plant products;
- Human remains or ashes;
- Medical samples;
- Items that require a temperature controlled environment;
- Prescription drugs and pharmaceutical products;
- Religious Artefacts
- Foodstuffs, perishable, animal origin and controlled food articles and beverages including, but not limited to: Fruit & vegetables, dairy products (including dried products containing dairy such as protein powder), meat, fish, nuts, seeds, wine, beer, spirits and champagne; or
- Packages that are wet, leaking or emit an odour of any kind;
- Valuables and high value items including but not limited to antiques, paintings, jewellery, precious stones and electrical equipment (low value electrical equipment is permitted but sent at the owner's risk);
- Cash or other forms of tradeable currency;
- Credit cards;
- Passports or other confidential personal documentation;
- Irreplaceable items;
- Other Dangerous / hazardous goods;
- Counterfeit goods;
- Other illegal or restricted goods.
More information is available under section 11 of our terms of service.
Items excluded from cover
The following items will be accepted but are sent at your risk and are not included under complimentary cover:
- Electrical Items, including but not limited to; Tablets, Cell Phones, Computers, Hi-Fis, TVs.
- Glass & Porcelain.
- Any other non standard excess baggage items.
If you choose to send any of the above please ensure you package the item appropriately, for example a TV inside a suitcase is not appropriate.