Unaccompanied Baggage Shipping to Honduras
Important Honduras Customs Information
General Customs Information When Shipping to Honduras
Because most countries are happy to offer a large duty-free allowance for personal effects, the majority of Send My Bag shipments worldwide will not be intercepted by customs, and usually no taxes and duties will need to be paid.
Personal effects are usually described as used items that have been in the sender's possession for 6 months or more.
If brand new or commercial items are found in your shipment, such as gifts or souvenirs, you may have to pay customs duties and taxes. Before sending, you should check with Honduran customs so you are aware of any potential customs duties and of any documentation required of you.
Customs processes and allowances are different depending on the country you are sending to, so we ask all customers to check how their personal circumstances and what they are sending will be viewed by Honduran customs officials.
To find out more, have a look at our customs information page.
In order to demonstrate your shipment consists of personal effects, you must fill out an online packing list, written in a non-generic way, for example: '2 x Cotton Skirt, 3 x Woollen Jumper, 5 x Cotton Top", and so on, rather than as "10 x Used Clothing".
What can I send to Honduras? What items are restricted?
With Send My Bag™ you can travel with almost everything you would normally find in a vacation suitcase. For security and customs reasons, however, certain items are prohibited. Please find these listed below.
- Aerosols or any other pressurised containers;
- Liquids, Pastes and Gels of any type (including nail varnish and perfume);
- Toner Cartridges;
- Loose Batteries & Power Banks;
- No more than 1 device containing a battery in line with our battery policy;
- Animals and Animal products;
- Firearms and firearm parts, ammunition, explosives, weapons (including imitations and toys of same);
- Flowers and plant products;
- Human remains or ashes;
- Medical samples;
- Items that require a temperature controlled environment;
- Prescription drugs and pharmaceutical products;
- Religious Artefacts
- Foodstuffs, perishable, animal origin and controlled food articles and beverages including, but not limited to: Fruit & vegetables, dairy products (including dried products containing dairy such as protein powder), meat, fish, nuts, seeds, wine, beer, spirits and champagne; or
- Packages that are wet, leaking or emit an odour of any kind;
- Valuables and high value items including but not limited to antiques, paintings, jewellery, precious stones and electrical equipment (low value electrical equipment is permitted but sent at the owner's risk);
- Cash or other forms of tradeable currency;
- Credit cards;
- Passports or other confidential personal documentation;
- Irreplaceable items;
- Other Dangerous / hazardous goods;
- Counterfeit goods;
- Other illegal or restricted goods.
More information is available under section 11 of our terms of service.
Items excluded from cover
The following items will be accepted but are sent at your risk and are not included under complimentary cover:
- Electrical Items, including but not limited to; Tablets, Cell Phones, Computers, Hi-Fis, TVs.
- Glass & Porcelain.
- Any other non standard excess baggage items.
If you choose to send any of the above please ensure you package the item appropriately, for example a TV inside a suitcase is not appropriate.