Baggage Shipping to Kazakhstan
Kazakhstan is located in Central Asia, south of Russia and north-west of China. It is the ninth largest country in the world with an area of 2, 717, 300 km2. The official languages are Kazak and Russian. Its currency is the Tenge.
The capital city is Astana, but Almaty remains the largest city. In Almaty visitors can enjoy interesting architecture, including the Zenkov Cathedral – a wooden building constructed without a single nail.
Kazakhstan has fantastic areas of natural beauty, including Charyn Canyon (the second largest in the world) and the Kolsai Lakes. Outdoor activities can be enjoyed against stunning backdrops, such as skating 5,577 ft above sea level at the Medeo High-Mountain Skating Rink, or skiing at the Chimbulak Ski Resort.
Why Ship to Kazakhstan?
SendMyBag can help you by shipping your luggage and sporting equipment to your hotel. Ship your bags ahead so that they are ready and waiting for you when you arrive. This means that travelling is made easy, with no need to stand in line at bag drop and luggage carousels. You can also take public transport without dragging bags behind you.
Important Kazakhstan Customs Information
Shipments up to 68lbs & €1000 customs value for individual persons for personal use are cleared through simplified customs regime. Packing list should be accurate and true. If simplified customs clearance requirements are not met, the consignment will be subject to formal clearance.
General Customs Information
Most countries offer a generous duty free allowance for personal effects and the majority of Send My Bag™ shipments worldwide will not be stopped by customs.
Personal effects are usually assessed as used items which have been in the sender's possession for 6 months or more. If your bag is checked by customs and is found to contain brand new or commercial items your shipment may be assessed for customs duties and taxes. If you are sending Christmas gifts please check with the destination country, follow their advice and attach all necessary documentation.
Customs processes and allowances do vary by country and as such we advise all travellers take 5 minutes to check how their personal circumstances and what they are sending will be assessed under the prevailing customs regulations of the destination.
When a bag is stopped by customs for any reason (missing documentation, prohibited contents, commercial contents or further information required) Send My Bag™ records how long customs hold it for. Our historical statistics for this route indicate that if the customs authority stops your bag they will on average take 3 days to process it and release it back to us for delivery.
More information is available in on our customs information page.
In order to demonstrate your shipment is personal effects you will be required to complete a brief non generic packing list online, entries to be made in the format: "5 x Cotton T-Shirts, 2 x Jeans, 3 x Cotton Shirt" and so on rather than as "10 x Used Clothing".
What can I send to Kazakhstan? What items are restricted?
With Send My Bag™ you can travel with almost everything you would normally find in a vacation suitcase. For security and customs reasons, however, certain items are prohibited. Please find these listed below.
- Aerosols or any other pressurised containers;
- Liquids, Pastes and Gels of any type (including nail varnish and perfume);
- Toner Cartridges;
- Loose Batteries & Power Banks;
- No more than 1 device containing a battery in line with our battery policy;
- Animals and Animal products;
- Firearms and firearm parts, ammunition, explosives, weapons (including imitations and toys of same);
- Flowers and plant products;
- Human remains or ashes;
- Medical samples;
- Items that require a temperature controlled environment;
- Prescription drugs and pharmaceutical products;
- Religious Artefacts
- Foodstuffs, perishable, animal origin and controlled food articles and beverages including, but not limited to: Fruit & vegetables, dairy products (including dried products containing dairy such as protein powder), meat, fish, nuts, seeds, wine, beer, spirits and champagne; or
- Packages that are wet, leaking or emit an odour of any kind;
- Valuables and high value items including but not limited to antiques, paintings, jewellery, precious stones and electrical equipment (low value electrical equipment is permitted but sent at the owner's risk);
- Cash or other forms of tradeable currency;
- Credit cards;
- Passports or other confidential personal documentation;
- Irreplaceable items;
- Other Dangerous / hazardous goods;
- Counterfeit goods;
- Other illegal or restricted goods.
More information is available under section 11 of our terms of service.
Items excluded from cover
The following items will be accepted but are sent at your risk and are not included under complimentary cover:
- Electrical Items, including but not limited to; Tablets, Cell Phones, Computers, Hi-Fis, TVs.
- Glass & Porcelain.
- Any other non standard excess baggage items.
If you choose to send any of the above please ensure you package the item appropriately, for example a TV inside a suitcase is not appropriate.