Baggage Shipping to Kazakhstan
Kazakhstan is located in Central Asia, south of Russia and north-west of China. It is the ninth largest country in the world with an area of 2, 717, 300 km2. The official languages are Kazak and Russian. Its currency is the Tenge.
The capital city is Astana, but Almaty remains the largest city. In Almaty visitors can enjoy interesting architecture, including the Zenkov Cathedral – a wooden building constructed without a single nail.
Kazakhstan has fantastic areas of natural beauty, including Charyn Canyon (the second largest in the world) and the Kolsai Lakes. Outdoor activities can be enjoyed against stunning backdrops, such as skating 5,577 ft above sea level at the Medeo High-Mountain Skating Rink, or skiing at the Chimbulak Ski Resort.
Why Ship to Kazakhstan?
SendMyBag can help you by shipping your luggage and sporting equipment to your hotel. Ship your bags ahead so that they are ready and waiting for you when you arrive. This means that travelling is made easy, with no need to stand in line at bag drop and luggage carousels. You can also take public transport without dragging bags behind you.
What can I send to Kazakhstan? What items are restricted?
With Send My Bag™ you can travel with almost everything you would normally find in a vacation suitcase. For security and customs reasons, however, certain items are prohibited. Please find these listed below.
- Aerosols or any other pressurised containers;
- Liquids, Pastes and Gels of any type (including nail varnish and perfume);
- Toner Cartridges;
- Loose Batteries;
- No more than 1 device containing a battery in line with our battery policy;
- Animals and Animal products;
- Firearms and firearm parts, ammunition, explosives, weapons (including imitations of same);
- Flowers and plant products;
- Human remains or ashes;
- Medical samples;
- Items that require a temperature controlled environment;
- Prescription drugs and pharmaceutical products;
- Religious Artefacts
- Foodstuffs, perishable, animal origin and controlled food articles and beverages including, but not limited to: Fruit & vegetables, dairy products (including dried products containing dairy such as protein powder), meat, fish, nuts, seeds, wine, beer, spirits and champagne; or
- Packages that are wet, leaking or emit an odour of any kind;
- Valuables and high value items including but not limited to antiques, paintings, jewellery, precious stones and electrical equipment (low value electrical equipment is permitted but sent at the owner's risk);
- Cash or other forms of tradeable currency;
- Credit cards;
- Passports or other confidential personal documentation;
- Irreplaceable items;
- Other Dangerous / hazardous goods;
- Counterfeit goods;
- Other illegal or restricted goods.
More information is available under section 11 of our terms of service.
Items excluded from cover
The following items will be accepted but are sent at your risk and are not included under complimentary cover:
- Electrical Items, including but not limited to; Tablets, Cell Phones, Computers, Hi-Fis, TVs.
- Glass & Porcelain.
- Any other non standard excess baggage items.
If you choose to send any of the above please ensure you package the item appropriately, for example a TV inside a suitcase is not appropriate.