Luggage Shipping to Laos
Send your possessions to Laos with Send My Bag's efficient and cost-effective luggage courier service. You can send luggage, bags, suitcases, boxes and sports equipment.
Important Laos Customs Information
General Customs Information
Most of Send My Bag's shipments are not stopped by customs. This is because we mostly send personal effects, for which many countries offer a duty-free allowance. Personal effects are defined as used items that have been owned by the sender for at least six months.
If your bag is stopped by customs and brand new or commercial items are found, you may have to pay customs duties and taxes. If you intend to send brand new items, such as gifts, please do check with Lao customs beforehand, so you are aware of any customs duties you may have to pay. Follow their advice and attach all documentation asked of you.
We suggest that all travellers take 5 minutes to see how their personal circumstances and what they are sending will be assessed by Lao customs, as this may be different to customs processes in other countries.
Please read our customs information page for more information.
If you are only sending personal effects, it is important that you make this clear to customs officials. To do so, you should complete a brief non-generic packing list online, with entries to be made as follows: "2 x Pairs Leather Shoes, 3 x Cotton T-shirt, 4 x Cotton Blouse", and so on, rather than as "10 x Used Clothing".
What can I send to Laos? What items are restricted?
With Send My Bag™ you can travel with almost everything you would normally find in a vacation suitcase. For security and customs reasons, however, certain items are prohibited. Please find these listed below.
- Aerosols or any other pressurised containers;
- Liquids, Pastes and Gels of any type (including nail varnish and perfume);
- Toner Cartridges;
- Loose Batteries & Power Banks;
- No more than 1 device containing a battery in line with our battery policy;
- Animals and Animal products;
- Firearms and firearm parts, ammunition, explosives, weapons (including imitations and toys of same);
- Flowers and plant products;
- Human remains or ashes;
- Medical samples;
- Items that require a temperature controlled environment;
- Prescription drugs and pharmaceutical products;
- Religious Artefacts
- Foodstuffs, perishable, animal origin and controlled food articles and beverages including, but not limited to: Fruit & vegetables, dairy products (including dried products containing dairy such as protein powder), meat, fish, nuts, seeds, wine, beer, spirits and champagne; or
- Packages that are wet, leaking or emit an odour of any kind;
- Valuables and high value items including but not limited to antiques, paintings, jewellery, precious stones and electrical equipment (low value electrical equipment is permitted but sent at the owner's risk);
- Cash or other forms of tradeable currency;
- Credit cards;
- Passports or other confidential personal documentation;
- Irreplaceable items;
- Other Dangerous / hazardous goods;
- Counterfeit goods;
- Other illegal or restricted goods.
More information is available under section 11 of our terms of service.
Items excluded from cover
The following items will be accepted but are sent at your risk and are not included under complimentary cover:
- Electrical Items, including but not limited to; Tablets, Cell Phones, Computers, Hi-Fis, TVs.
- Glass & Porcelain.
- Any other non standard excess baggage items.
If you choose to send any of the above please ensure you package the item appropriately, for example a TV inside a suitcase is not appropriate.