Baggage Shipping to Martinique
Important Martinique Customs Information
General Customs Information
If you are only sending personal effects, it is unlikely that your shipment will incur any customs duties or charges. Personal effects are defined as items that have been in the sender’s possession for at least six months.
To show that you are only sending personal effects, you must complete a packing list online, that should be written as follows: "2 x Cotton Trousers, 3 x Cotton T-shirt, 5 x Pairs of Socks", and so on, rather than as "10 x Used Clothing".
If your shipment contains brand new or commercial items, you may have to pay taxes and duties. Brand new items include gifts, such as Christmas or birthday gifts, so you should look into what customs charges you need to pay before you send your items. Please follow any advice given by Martiniquan customs and attach any documentation required of you.
Note that customs processes and allowances are different depending on your destination country, so it is worth checking with Martiniquan customs before you book your collection so you know exactly how much you will be liable to pay.
More information is available on our customs information page.
What can I send to Martinique? What items are restricted?
With Send My Bag™ you can travel with almost everything you would normally find in a vacation suitcase. For security and customs reasons, however, certain items are prohibited. Please find these listed below.
- Aerosols or any other pressurised containers;
- Liquids, Pastes and Gels of any type (including nail varnish and perfume);
- Toner Cartridges;
- Loose Batteries & Power Banks;
- No more than 1 device containing a battery in line with our battery policy;
- Animals and Animal products;
- Firearms and firearm parts, ammunition, explosives, weapons (including imitations and toys of same);
- Flowers and plant products;
- Human remains or ashes;
- Medical samples;
- Items that require a temperature controlled environment;
- Prescription drugs and pharmaceutical products;
- Religious Artefacts
- Foodstuffs, perishable, animal origin and controlled food articles and beverages including, but not limited to: Fruit & vegetables, dairy products (including dried products containing dairy such as protein powder), meat, fish, nuts, seeds, wine, beer, spirits and champagne; or
- Packages that are wet, leaking or emit an odour of any kind;
- Valuables and high value items including but not limited to antiques, paintings, jewellery, precious stones and electrical equipment (low value electrical equipment is permitted but sent at the owner's risk);
- Cash or other forms of tradeable currency;
- Credit cards;
- Passports or other confidential personal documentation;
- Irreplaceable items;
- Other Dangerous / hazardous goods;
- Counterfeit goods;
- Other illegal or restricted goods.
More information is available under section 11 of our terms of service.
Items excluded from cover
The following items will be accepted but are sent at your risk and are not included under complimentary cover:
- Electrical Items, including but not limited to; Tablets, Cell Phones, Computers, Hi-Fis, TVs.
- Glass & Porcelain.
- Any other non standard excess baggage items.
If you choose to send any of the above please ensure you package the item appropriately, for example a TV inside a suitcase is not appropriate.