Send your Luggage to Mayotte
Important Mayotte Customs Information
General Customs Information When Shipping to Mayotte
Most Send My Bag shipments pass through customs without being stopped by officials. This is because many countries offer a generous duty-free allowance for personal effects. Personal effects are considered by most customs officials to be items that have been in the sender’s possession for at least 6 months.
If your bag is checked by Mahoran customs and brand new or commercial items are found, you may have to pay customs duties and taxes before you can take receipt of your items. This is something to keep in mind if you are sending Christmas or birthday presents to Mayotte.
It is important that you research any taxes or duties you need to pay before you send your items. Please also make sure that you include all required documentation with your shipment .
If your shipment is made up of personal effects only, you need to indicate this to customs officials. To do so, you are required to complete a short packing list online, as follows: "5 x Pairs of Socks, 2 x Leather Sandals, 3 x Linen Trousers’, and so on, rather than as "10 x Used Clothing".
We suggest that all travellers assess how their personal circumstances and what they are sending will be viewed in accordance with Mahoran customs regulations.
Additional information is available on our customs information page.
What can I send to Mayotte? What items are restricted?
With Send My Bag™ you can travel with almost everything you would normally find in a vacation suitcase. For security and customs reasons, however, certain items are prohibited. Please find these listed below.
- Aerosols or any other pressurised containers;
- Liquids, Pastes and Gels of any type (including nail varnish and perfume);
- Toner Cartridges;
- Loose Batteries & Power Banks;
- No more than 1 device containing a battery in line with our battery policy;
- Animals and Animal products;
- Firearms and firearm parts, ammunition, explosives, weapons (including imitations and toys of same);
- Flowers and plant products;
- Human remains or ashes;
- Medical samples;
- Items that require a temperature controlled environment;
- Prescription drugs and pharmaceutical products;
- Religious Artefacts
- Foodstuffs, perishable, animal origin and controlled food articles and beverages including, but not limited to: Fruit & vegetables, dairy products (including dried products containing dairy such as protein powder), meat, fish, nuts, seeds, wine, beer, spirits and champagne; or
- Packages that are wet, leaking or emit an odour of any kind;
- Valuables and high value items including but not limited to antiques, paintings, jewellery, precious stones and electrical equipment (low value electrical equipment is permitted but sent at the owner's risk);
- Cash or other forms of tradeable currency;
- Credit cards;
- Passports or other confidential personal documentation;
- Irreplaceable items;
- Other Dangerous / hazardous goods;
- Counterfeit goods;
- Other illegal or restricted goods.
More information is available under section 11 of our terms of service.
Items excluded from cover
The following items will be accepted but are sent at your risk and are not included under complimentary cover:
- Electrical Items, including but not limited to; Tablets, Cell Phones, Computers, Hi-Fis, TVs.
- Glass & Porcelain.
- Any other non standard excess baggage items.
If you choose to send any of the above please ensure you package the item appropriately, for example a TV inside a suitcase is not appropriate.