Baggage Shipping to Monaco
Sendmybag can deliver to and collect from the whole of Monaco, so whether you're holidaying amongst the yachts, or enjoying the casinos, SendMyBag is the reliable hassle free alternative to carrying a lot of luggage.
Important Monaco Customs Information
When shipping to Monaco a packing list confirming the contents of the shipment is required, along with a personal effects form and a copy of the consignee's passport which can be completed and uploaded to your Send My Bag account once the order is placed. Duties and taxes are not expected providing customs agree that the shipment only contains used personal effects for the consignee's personal use and not new items purchased abroad, or items for resale.
General Customs Information
Most countries offer a generous duty free allowance for personal effects and the majority of Send My Bag™ shipments worldwide will not be stopped by customs.
Personal effects are usually assessed as used items which have been in the sender's possession for 6 months or more. If your bag is checked by customs and is found to contain brand new or commercial items your shipment may be assessed for customs duties and taxes. If you are sending Christmas gifts please check with the destination country so you are aware of potential customs duties, follow their advice and attach all necessary documentation.
Customs processes and allowances do vary by country and as such we advise all travellers take 5 minutes to check how their personal circumstances and what they are sending will be assessed under the prevailing customs regulations of the destination.
When a bag is stopped by customs for any reason (missing documentation, prohibited contents, commercial contents or further information required) Send My Bag™ records how long customs hold it for. Our historical statistics for this route indicate that if the customs authority stops your bag they will on average take 4 days to process it and release it back to us for delivery.
More information is available in on our customs information page.
In order to demonstrate your shipment is personal effects you will be required to complete a brief non generic packing list online, entries to be made in the format: "5 x Cotton T-Shirts, 2 x Jeans, 3 x Cotton Shirt" and so on rather than as "10 x Used Clothing".
What can I send to Monaco? What items are restricted?
With Send My Bag™ you can travel with almost everything you would normally find in a holiday suitcase, for security and customs reasons however certain items are prohibited, please find these listed below.
A maximum of 1 lithium battery is permitted per shipment (excludes to / from Australia & China when no device containing a lithium battery can be shipped) when it is contained within a working personal electronic device such as a mobile phone. Review our battery policy.
- Aerosols or any other pressurised containers;
- Liquids, Pastes and Gels of any type (including nail varnish, perfume, aftershave & liquid deodorant);
- Toner Cartridges;
- Loose Batteries & Power Banks;
- No more than ONE device containing a lithium battery in line with our battery policy OR when shipping to / from Australia or China, NO device containing any type of battery;
- Animals and Animal products;
- Firearms and firearm parts, ammunition, explosives, weapons (including imitations and toys of same);
- Flowers and plant products;
- Human remains or ashes;
- Medical samples;
- Items that require a temperature controlled environment;
- Prescription drugs and pharmaceutical products;
- Religious Artefacts
- Foodstuffs, perishable, animal origin and controlled food articles and beverages including, but not limited to: Fruit & vegetables, dairy products (including dried products containing dairy such as protein powder), meat, fish, nuts, seeds, wine, beer, spirits and champagne; or
- Packages that are wet, leaking or emit an odour of any kind;
- Valuables and high value items including but not limited to antiques, paintings, jewellery, precious stones and electrical equipment (low value electrical equipment is permitted but sent at the owner's risk);
- Cash or other forms of tradeable currency;
- Credit cards;
- Passports or other confidential personal documentation;
- Irreplaceable items;
- Other Dangerous / hazardous goods;
- Counterfeit goods;
- Other illegal or restricted goods.
More information is available under section 11 of our terms of service.
In addition to the above when sending to Monaco we prohibit the sending of:
- Precious Metals & Stones.
Items excluded from cover
The following items will be accepted but are sent at your risk and are not included under complimentary cover:
- Electrical Items, including but not limited to; Tablets, Mobile Phones, Computers, Hi-Fis, TVs.
- Glass & Porcelain.
- Any other non standard excess baggage items.
If you choose to send any of the above please ensure you package the item appropriately, for example a TV inside a suitcase is not appropriate.