Luggage Shipping to Mongolia
Send your possessions to Mongolia when moving there or going on an extended trip. Or why not send a care package to someone you know living in Mongolia?
Important Mongolia Customs Information
General Customs Information
When shipping to Mongolia you need to be aware of prevailing customs processes and allowances. Most destinations offer a generous duty free allowance for personal effects, which means the majority of Send My Bag shipments worldwide will not be stopped by customs.
Personal effects are normally considered to be used items that have been in the sender's possession for 6 months or more. If your shipment is checked by customs and is found to contain brand new or commercial items, it may be assessed for customs duties and taxes.
If you are sending gifts to Mongolia, please make sure you are aware of potential customs duties, that you follow official advice and that you attach all necessary documentation.
Customs processes and allowances differ according to country, and as such we advise all travellers to take 5 minutes to check how their personal circumstances and what they are sending will be assessed under the prevailing customs regulations of Mongolia.
Once you have booked your luggage delivery to Mongolia, you will be taken to the customer area of our website. This is where you will be able to complete your packing list. The packing list is a brief statement of the items in your baggage or parcel, intended to demonstrate that your shipment consists of personal effects. The list should be created in the format: ", 2 x Cotton Blouse, 4 x Denim Jeans, 5 x Fiction Books", and so on, rather than as "10 x Used Items".
More information is available on our customs information page.
What can I send to Mongolia? What items are restricted?
With Send My Bag™ you can travel with almost everything you would normally find in a vacation suitcase. For security and customs reasons, however, certain items are prohibited. Please find these listed below.
- Aerosols or any other pressurised containers;
- Liquids, Pastes and Gels of any type (including nail varnish and perfume);
- Toner Cartridges;
- Loose Batteries & Power Banks;
- No more than 1 device containing a battery in line with our battery policy;
- Animals and Animal products;
- Firearms and firearm parts, ammunition, explosives, weapons (including imitations and toys of same);
- Flowers and plant products;
- Human remains or ashes;
- Medical samples;
- Items that require a temperature controlled environment;
- Prescription drugs and pharmaceutical products;
- Religious Artefacts
- Foodstuffs, perishable, animal origin and controlled food articles and beverages including, but not limited to: Fruit & vegetables, dairy products (including dried products containing dairy such as protein powder), meat, fish, nuts, seeds, wine, beer, spirits and champagne; or
- Packages that are wet, leaking or emit an odour of any kind;
- Valuables and high value items including but not limited to antiques, paintings, jewellery, precious stones and electrical equipment (low value electrical equipment is permitted but sent at the owner's risk);
- Cash or other forms of tradeable currency;
- Credit cards;
- Passports or other confidential personal documentation;
- Irreplaceable items;
- Other Dangerous / hazardous goods;
- Counterfeit goods;
- Other illegal or restricted goods.
More information is available under section 11 of our terms of service.
Items excluded from cover
The following items will be accepted but are sent at your risk and are not included under complimentary cover:
- Electrical Items, including but not limited to; Tablets, Cell Phones, Computers, Hi-Fis, TVs.
- Glass & Porcelain.
- Any other non standard excess baggage items.
If you choose to send any of the above please ensure you package the item appropriately, for example a TV inside a suitcase is not appropriate.