Baggage Shipping to Panama
Important Panama Customs Information
General Customs Information
Most Send My Bag shipments are not stopped by customs, because most countries offer a generous duty-free allowance for personal effects.
Personal effects are used items that have been in the sender’s possession for a minimum of 6 months. Brand new items in their packaging are not necessarily considered personal effects, even if they have been bought for your own use.
If your bag is checked by Panamanian customs and is found to contain brand new or commercial items, you may be required to pay customs duties and taxes. This is something to bear in mind, especially if you are sending gifts to Panama. Before you book your collection with Send My Bag, please check with Panamanian customs so you are fully aware of any customs duties you will have to pay. Please follow any advice given and attach all documents required of you.
Customs processes and regulations are different depending on the country. This is why we ask all travellers to check how their personal circumstances and what they are sending will be assessed under Panamanian customs regulations.
You can find out more at Send My Bag’s customs information page.
If you are only sending personal effects, you need to demonstrate this to customs officials by filling out a brief non-generic packing list online, to be completed as follows: "3 x Jeans, 3 x Linen Shirt, 4 x Cotton T-shirt", etc., rather than as "10 x Used Clothing".
What can I send to Panama? What items are restricted?
With Send My Bag™ you can travel with almost everything you would normally find in a vacation suitcase. For security and customs reasons, however, certain items are prohibited. Please find these listed below.
- Aerosols or any other pressurised containers;
- Liquids, Pastes and Gels of any type (including nail varnish and perfume);
- Toner Cartridges;
- Loose Batteries & Power Banks;
- No more than 1 device containing a battery in line with our battery policy;
- Animals and Animal products;
- Firearms and firearm parts, ammunition, explosives, weapons (including imitations and toys of same);
- Flowers and plant products;
- Human remains or ashes;
- Medical samples;
- Items that require a temperature controlled environment;
- Prescription drugs and pharmaceutical products;
- Religious Artefacts
- Foodstuffs, perishable, animal origin and controlled food articles and beverages including, but not limited to: Fruit & vegetables, dairy products (including dried products containing dairy such as protein powder), meat, fish, nuts, seeds, wine, beer, spirits and champagne; or
- Packages that are wet, leaking or emit an odour of any kind;
- Valuables and high value items including but not limited to antiques, paintings, jewellery, precious stones and electrical equipment (low value electrical equipment is permitted but sent at the owner's risk);
- Cash or other forms of tradeable currency;
- Credit cards;
- Passports or other confidential personal documentation;
- Irreplaceable items;
- Other Dangerous / hazardous goods;
- Counterfeit goods;
- Other illegal or restricted goods.
More information is available under section 11 of our terms of service.
Items excluded from cover
The following items will be accepted but are sent at your risk and are not included under complimentary cover:
- Electrical Items, including but not limited to; Tablets, Cell Phones, Computers, Hi-Fis, TVs.
- Glass & Porcelain.
- Any other non standard excess baggage items.
If you choose to send any of the above please ensure you package the item appropriately, for example a TV inside a suitcase is not appropriate.