Unaccompanied Baggage Shipping to Papua New Guinea
Important Papua New Guinea Customs Information
General Customs Information When Shipping to Papua New Guinea
Most of Send My Bag's shipments are not stopped by customs, because most countries offer a generous duty-free allowance for personal effects, which are typically defined as items that have been owned by the sender for at least 6 months.
If your bag is checked by Papua New Guinean customs officials and they find brand new or commercial items, your shipment may be assessed for customs duties and taxes. This is something to be aware of when sending gifts to Papua New Guinea. Please check in advance with Papua New Guinean customs so you know about any potential customs duties, follow any advice given and attach all necessary documentation.
More information is available on our customs information page.
In order to demonstrate your shipment is made up of personal effects you need to create a short non-generic packing list online, in the following way: "4 x Cotton Dresses, 3 x Jeans, 1 x Denim Jacket", etc., and not as "8 x Used Clothing".
What can I send to Papua New Guinea? What items are restricted?
With Send My Bag™ you can travel with almost everything you would normally find in a vacation suitcase. For security and customs reasons, however, certain items are prohibited. Please find these listed below.
- Aerosols or any other pressurised containers;
- Liquids, Pastes and Gels of any type (including nail varnish and perfume);
- Toner Cartridges;
- Loose Batteries & Power Banks;
- No more than 1 device containing a battery in line with our battery policy;
- Animals and Animal products;
- Firearms and firearm parts, ammunition, explosives, weapons (including imitations and toys of same);
- Flowers and plant products;
- Human remains or ashes;
- Medical samples;
- Items that require a temperature controlled environment;
- Prescription drugs and pharmaceutical products;
- Religious Artefacts
- Foodstuffs, perishable, animal origin and controlled food articles and beverages including, but not limited to: Fruit & vegetables, dairy products (including dried products containing dairy such as protein powder), meat, fish, nuts, seeds, wine, beer, spirits and champagne; or
- Packages that are wet, leaking or emit an odour of any kind;
- Valuables and high value items including but not limited to antiques, paintings, jewellery, precious stones and electrical equipment (low value electrical equipment is permitted but sent at the owner's risk);
- Cash or other forms of tradeable currency;
- Credit cards;
- Passports or other confidential personal documentation;
- Irreplaceable items;
- Other Dangerous / hazardous goods;
- Counterfeit goods;
- Other illegal or restricted goods.
More information is available under section 11 of our terms of service.
Items excluded from cover
The following items will be accepted but are sent at your risk and are not included under complimentary cover:
- Electrical Items, including but not limited to; Tablets, Cell Phones, Computers, Hi-Fis, TVs.
- Glass & Porcelain.
- Any other non standard excess baggage items.
If you choose to send any of the above please ensure you package the item appropriately, for example a TV inside a suitcase is not appropriate.