Baggage Shipping to Reunion
Important Reunion Customs Information
General Customs Information When Shipping to Reunion
If shipping personal effects to Reunion, your shipment is unlikely to be stopped by customs, as most countries allow such items to cross their borders without incurring customs duties or taxes. Personal effects tend to be defined as items that have been in the sender's possession for at least six months.
To show that you are only sending personal effects, you must fill out a packing list online, to be written in a specific manner - i.e. '3 x Cotton Dresses, 1 x Denim Shirt, 3 x Pairs Training Shoes', etc., rather than '7 x Used Clothing'.
If your shipment is stopped by Reunion customs and is found to contain brand new or commerical items, you may be liable to pay customs taxes and duties. Before you ship your items, you should research carefully what costs you will have to pay. Check with Reunion customs and follow any advice given, including what documentation you should supply with your shipment.
As customs processes vary according to country, it is advised that you take a few minutes to check how your circumstances and your particular shipment will be viewed by Reunion customs.
What can I send to Reunion? What items are restricted?
With Send My Bag™ you can travel with almost everything you would normally find in a vacation suitcase. For security and customs reasons, however, certain items are prohibited. Please find these listed below.
- Aerosols or any other pressurised containers;
- Liquids, Pastes and Gels of any type (including nail varnish and perfume);
- Toner Cartridges;
- Loose Batteries & Power Banks;
- No more than 1 device containing a battery in line with our battery policy;
- Animals and Animal products;
- Firearms and firearm parts, ammunition, explosives, weapons (including imitations and toys of same);
- Flowers and plant products;
- Human remains or ashes;
- Medical samples;
- Items that require a temperature controlled environment;
- Prescription drugs and pharmaceutical products;
- Religious Artefacts
- Foodstuffs, perishable, animal origin and controlled food articles and beverages including, but not limited to: Fruit & vegetables, dairy products (including dried products containing dairy such as protein powder), meat, fish, nuts, seeds, wine, beer, spirits and champagne; or
- Packages that are wet, leaking or emit an odour of any kind;
- Valuables and high value items including but not limited to antiques, paintings, jewellery, precious stones and electrical equipment (low value electrical equipment is permitted but sent at the owner's risk);
- Cash or other forms of tradeable currency;
- Credit cards;
- Passports or other confidential personal documentation;
- Irreplaceable items;
- Other Dangerous / hazardous goods;
- Counterfeit goods;
- Other illegal or restricted goods.
More information is available under section 11 of our terms of service.
Items excluded from cover
The following items will be accepted but are sent at your risk and are not included under complimentary cover:
- Electrical Items, including but not limited to; Tablets, Cell Phones, Computers, Hi-Fis, TVs.
- Glass & Porcelain.
- Any other non standard excess baggage items.
If you choose to send any of the above please ensure you package the item appropriately, for example a TV inside a suitcase is not appropriate.