Luggage Shipping to Saint Kitts and Nevis
Important Saint Kitts and Nevis Customs Information
General Customs Information
Most Send My Bag shipments are not stopped by customs because most countries offer a generous duty free allowance for personal effects. These are defined as items that have been in the sender's possession for 6 months or more.
If, however, customs officials find brand new or commercial items, including Christmas or birthday gifts, in your shipment, you may have to pay customs duties and taxes. It is advised that you check with Saint Kitts and Nevis customs before you send your items so you are aware beforehand of any customs costs you will have to pay.
In order to demonstrate your shipment consists of personal effects, you will be required to fill out a short non-generic packing list online, entries to be made in the format: "1 x Denim Jacket, 2 x Cotton Blouse, 3 x Sweatshirt", and so on, rather than as "6 x Used Clothing".
When a bag is stopped by customs for any reason (missing documentation, prohibited contents, commercial contents or further information required) Send My Bag™ records how long customs hold it for. Our historical statistics for this route indicate that if the customs authority stops your bag they will on average take 4 days to process it and release it back to us for delivery.
Customs processes and allowances do vary by country and, therefore, we ask all customers to check how their personal circumstances and what they are sending will be assessed under the prevailing customs regulations of their destination. Please make sure to include with your shipment any documentation required by Saint Kitts and Nevis customs.
To find out more, have a look at our customs information page.
What can I send to Saint Kitts and Nevis? What items are restricted?
With Send My Bag™ you can travel with almost everything you would normally find in a vacation suitcase. For security and customs reasons, however, certain items are prohibited. Please find these listed below.
- Aerosols or any other pressurised containers;
- Liquids, Pastes and Gels of any type (including nail varnish and perfume);
- Toner Cartridges;
- Loose Batteries & Power Banks;
- No more than 1 device containing a battery in line with our battery policy;
- Animals and Animal products;
- Firearms and firearm parts, ammunition, explosives, weapons (including imitations and toys of same);
- Flowers and plant products;
- Human remains or ashes;
- Medical samples;
- Items that require a temperature controlled environment;
- Prescription drugs and pharmaceutical products;
- Religious Artefacts
- Foodstuffs, perishable, animal origin and controlled food articles and beverages including, but not limited to: Fruit & vegetables, dairy products (including dried products containing dairy such as protein powder), meat, fish, nuts, seeds, wine, beer, spirits and champagne; or
- Packages that are wet, leaking or emit an odour of any kind;
- Valuables and high value items including but not limited to antiques, paintings, jewellery, precious stones and electrical equipment (low value electrical equipment is permitted but sent at the owner's risk);
- Cash or other forms of tradeable currency;
- Credit cards;
- Passports or other confidential personal documentation;
- Irreplaceable items;
- Other Dangerous / hazardous goods;
- Counterfeit goods;
- Other illegal or restricted goods.
More information is available under section 11 of our terms of service.
Items excluded from cover
The following items will be accepted but are sent at your risk and are not included under complimentary cover:
- Electrical Items, including but not limited to; Tablets, Cell Phones, Computers, Hi-Fis, TVs.
- Glass & Porcelain.
- Any other non standard excess baggage items.
If you choose to send any of the above please ensure you package the item appropriately, for example a TV inside a suitcase is not appropriate.