Baggage Shipping to Saint Lucia
Important Saint Lucia Customs Information
General Customs Information
Personal effects are used items that you have owned for at least 6 months. As the majority of countries offer a generous duty-free allowance for personal effects, most of Send My Bag shipments are not stopped by customs.
If your bag is stopped by Saint Lucian customs and brand new or commercial items, such as gifts, are found, then you may be required to pay customs duties and taxes before you can receive your items. Please check with local customs so you are aware of potential customs duties you may have to pay and follow closely any advice given, including what documentation you should supply.
Because customs processes and allowances are different, depending on the country, it is advised that you take 5 minutes to see how your circumstances and your shipment will be viewed by Saint Lucian customs.
To find out more about customs, have a look at our customs information page.
To show that your shipment consists of personal effects, you need to fill out a short, specific packing list online, entries to be made in the format: "4 x Cotton Trousers, 2 x Denim Shorts, 4 x Leather Sandals", and so on, rather than as "10 x Used Clothing".
When a bag is stopped by customs for any reason (missing documentation, prohibited contents, commercial contents or further information required) Send My Bag™ records how long customs hold it for. Our historical statistics for this route indicate that if the customs authority stops your bag they will on average take 3 days to process it and release it back to us for delivery.
What can I send to Saint Lucia? What items are restricted?
With Send My Bag™ you can travel with almost everything you would normally find in a vacation suitcase. For security and customs reasons, however, certain items are prohibited. Please find these listed below.
- Aerosols or any other pressurised containers;
- Liquids, Pastes and Gels of any type (including nail varnish and perfume);
- Toner Cartridges;
- Loose Batteries & Power Banks;
- No more than 1 device containing a battery in line with our battery policy;
- Animals and Animal products;
- Firearms and firearm parts, ammunition, explosives, weapons (including imitations and toys of same);
- Flowers and plant products;
- Human remains or ashes;
- Medical samples;
- Items that require a temperature controlled environment;
- Prescription drugs and pharmaceutical products;
- Religious Artefacts
- Foodstuffs, perishable, animal origin and controlled food articles and beverages including, but not limited to: Fruit & vegetables, dairy products (including dried products containing dairy such as protein powder), meat, fish, nuts, seeds, wine, beer, spirits and champagne; or
- Packages that are wet, leaking or emit an odour of any kind;
- Valuables and high value items including but not limited to antiques, paintings, jewellery, precious stones and electrical equipment (low value electrical equipment is permitted but sent at the owner's risk);
- Cash or other forms of tradeable currency;
- Credit cards;
- Passports or other confidential personal documentation;
- Irreplaceable items;
- Other Dangerous / hazardous goods;
- Counterfeit goods;
- Other illegal or restricted goods.
More information is available under section 11 of our terms of service.
In addition to the above when sending to Saint Lucia we prohibit the sending of:
- Playing cards.
Items excluded from cover
The following items will be accepted but are sent at your risk and are not included under complimentary cover:
- Electrical Items, including but not limited to; Tablets, Cell Phones, Computers, Hi-Fis, TVs.
- Glass & Porcelain.
- Any other non standard excess baggage items.
If you choose to send any of the above please ensure you package the item appropriately, for example a TV inside a suitcase is not appropriate.