Luggage Shipping to Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
Important Saint Vincent and the Grenadines Customs Information
General Customs Information
Personal effects are usually understood by customs around the world to be items that have been in the sender’s possession for at least six months. Most countries offer a duty-free allowance for personal effects, which means the majority of Send My Bag shipments will not be stopped by customs.
If you send brand new or commercial items and your bags are stopped by customs, however, you may have to pay taxes and duties.
You should keep this in mind if sending brand new items like Christmas or birthday presents, or souvenirs to Saint Vincent and the Grenadines. You should look into any customs duties you might have to pay, take any advice given by Saint Vincentian customs, and attach any documentation required of you.
To make it clear that you are only sending personal effects, you need to complete a packing list online, which should be filled out as follows: "6 x CD, 3 x Fiction Book, 1 x Denim Jeans", and so on, rather than as "10 x Used Items".
We advise all travellers take 5 minutes to check how their personal circumstances and what they are sending will be viewed by Saint Vincentian customs, as customs processes and allowances do vary by country.
More information is available on our customs information page.
What can I send to Saint Vincent and the Grenadines? What items are restricted?
With Send My Bag™ you can travel with almost everything you would normally find in a vacation suitcase. For security and customs reasons, however, certain items are prohibited. Please find these listed below.
- Aerosols or any other pressurised containers;
- Liquids, Pastes and Gels of any type (including nail varnish and perfume);
- Toner Cartridges;
- Loose Batteries & Power Banks;
- No more than 1 device containing a battery in line with our battery policy;
- Animals and Animal products;
- Firearms and firearm parts, ammunition, explosives, weapons (including imitations and toys of same);
- Flowers and plant products;
- Human remains or ashes;
- Medical samples;
- Items that require a temperature controlled environment;
- Prescription drugs and pharmaceutical products;
- Religious Artefacts
- Foodstuffs, perishable, animal origin and controlled food articles and beverages including, but not limited to: Fruit & vegetables, dairy products (including dried products containing dairy such as protein powder), meat, fish, nuts, seeds, wine, beer, spirits and champagne; or
- Packages that are wet, leaking or emit an odour of any kind;
- Valuables and high value items including but not limited to antiques, paintings, jewellery, precious stones and electrical equipment (low value electrical equipment is permitted but sent at the owner's risk);
- Cash or other forms of tradeable currency;
- Credit cards;
- Passports or other confidential personal documentation;
- Irreplaceable items;
- Other Dangerous / hazardous goods;
- Counterfeit goods;
- Other illegal or restricted goods.
More information is available under section 11 of our terms of service.
Items excluded from cover
The following items will be accepted but are sent at your risk and are not included under complimentary cover:
- Electrical Items, including but not limited to; Tablets, Cell Phones, Computers, Hi-Fis, TVs.
- Glass & Porcelain.
- Any other non standard excess baggage items.
If you choose to send any of the above please ensure you package the item appropriately, for example a TV inside a suitcase is not appropriate.