The Pros and Cons of Taking a Cruise
Friday, 3 Mar 2017
A cruise may represent a dream holiday for many, conjuring images of crystal blue seas, stunning sunsets and unrivalled luxury. For others, a cruise suggests cramped living conditions, sea sickness and tacky entertainment. For those of you trying to decide whether or not a cruise is right for you, Send My Bag has put together some pros and cons for you to consider:
- You get to visit a number of different places without having to constantly change hotel or take lengthy day trips out from your hotel – instead, your hotel comes with you.
- You can leave the planning to someone else. Once you are on board, when and where you stop, what you eat and your entertainment are in the hands of the crew.
- There is always some form of entertainment on the go to keep you busy.
- You get to see beautiful seascapes and can watch the sunset every night with an uninterrupted view.
- You can make new friends. No need to fear running out of conversation with your travel companion, as there is a whole ship full of other people to get talking to.
- You don’t know how good the food, accommodation or entertainment will be until you are far out at sea.
- You may only have a few hours to visit each port of call, which may not be long enough to visit all the sights you want to see.
- You are inevitably stuck with other people. When you go sightseeing, this will likely be with a hoard of other people.
- You may be forced to be sociable when you would rather not.
- Small rooms mean you will probably feel too claustrophobic to do much more than sleep there – so no calming space of your own to retreat to.
To take a cruise or not to take a cruise? Share your thoughts on our Facebook page.
Our Most Popular Articles
The Best Christmas Holiday Destinations
If you are looking for Christmas holiday destinations, why not go somewhere extra Christmassy this year? To help you decide on a destination, Send My Bag has chosen the ten best Christmas holiday locations to get you in the festive mood.
Top Five European Destinations for Cultural Holidays
If you are looking for a destination for your next cultural holiday or seeking out historical places to visit, Send My Bag has put together a list of the top five historical destinations in Europe. This follows on from our look at the best holiday destinations for sports lovers, and is a guide for those who prefer to spend their holidays learning about their destination’s culture and history by visiting museums, monuments and historical sites.
Five Unusual Holidays
Why not take an unusual holiday in Europe this year by choosing a destination that you would not normally think of visiting? You could find that you discover some of Europe’s hidden gems. To get you started, Send My Bag have picked out some unusual holiday destinations that you could try.
Top Ten Tips for Travelling with Kids
There is so much to think about and to plan when you are travelling with kids and this will vary according to the age of your children, any special needs they might have and the nature of your destination. We can only scratch the surface, but here are some essential points to consider when planning your trip. They should make life that little bit easier.
The Pros and Cons of Group Travel and Tips for Survival
For some, group travel is the perfect way to experience another country, while socializing and making friends. For others, it is the definition of a holiday from hell. Indeed, group holidays seem to have just as many benefits as they do disadvantages. On the one hand, group travel means that you are never lonely, and that there are a wide range of conversations to be had. Yet, on the other hand, group holidays mean that you can’t do exactly what you want and that you must cater to or, indeed, put up with, other people’s personalities.