5 Romantic Holiday Destinations for Valentine’s Day
Friday, 3 Feb 2017
With Valentine’s Day on the horizon, it’s time to get a wonderful Valentine's getaway planned for your partner. Perhaps you need a beautiful backdrop for a proposal? Or maybe you’re looking to reignite the romance in your relationship? Send My Bag has you covered with these five super romantic holiday destinations.
- Florence, Italy. Florence’s beautifully intricate but also warm and rustic architecture will provide the perfect backdrop to a romantic Valentine's getaway. Take a walk through the Boboli Gardens, which are beautiful even in winter, with their arched walkways fashioned from branches. In the evening you can treat your partner to dinner in a quaint restaurant, accompanied by a bottle of Italian wine, before taking a stroll through the city and along the Arno River to enjoy the view by night. Kim Kardashian and Kanye West got married at Fort Belvedere in Florence, which is testament to the romantic appeal of the city.
- Bali, Indonesia. A popular honeymoon destination, Bali has every romantic element you could hope for – stunning views, sandy beaches, meandering walks through lush vegetation, luxurious spas and candle-lit restaurants. The restaurant Swept Away at the Samaya Ubud is often cited as one of the most romantic locations on Bali, with its 100-candle dinners. Other unique dining experiences include eating on the beach at the mouth of a cave in Samabe Resort, or on a boat leaving from Benoa Harbour.
- Paris, France. Is Paris as romantic as everyone says it is? We think so! Paris is a very pretty city, with such architectural stunners as Notre Dame Cathedral, L’Arc de Triomphe and Sacré-Coeur Basilica. There are also numerous green spaces to stroll around and dreamy bridges over the Seine. While Paris is a big city, it can still be quaint, with its narrow side streets, cobbled paving and cosy bistros and cafes. Then there is French food, which epitomises a romantic dinner date. Unlike like a lot of cities in Europe, public displays of affection are welcomed in Paris, so no need to refrain from a cuddle or a kiss, should the mood take you!
- The Seychelles. If you want to get away from it all and focus on your relationship with no distractions, then the Seychelles is for you. You will feel like you are the only two people in the world as you gaze out at the ocean from your beachside villa. Aside from going for dinner or a spa treatment, there is little else to do other than enjoy each other’s company.
- Kyoto, Japan. Kyoto is steeped in tradition and full of temples, palaces and shrines. You can spend hours as a couple wandering around all that Kyoto has to offer, and will be inspired by its beauty. Make sure you visit the Jishu Shrine, which is in honour of the Buddhist god of matchmaking. You will find couples taking part in rituals in order to improve their chances in the love department. If you head outside the city, you can stroll through the stunning bamboo forest in the district of Arashiyama.
Treat your partner to the most relaxing Valentine's getaway ever by giving them a luggage-free journey. Just have your bags shipped to your destination with Send My Bag. Our ‘How it Works’ page will tell you more.
Our Most Popular Articles
Send My Wedding: Gain Peace of (Pre-Marital) Mind and Some Superb Savings
Planning a wedding abroad? There are one hundred and one things to do – we understand, we’ve helped thousands of customers on their big day – and they can all add up. But before stress gets in the way of the big day abroad, know that Send My Bag can take the hassle away and send your wedding for you.
The Best Christmas Holiday Destinations
If you are looking for Christmas holiday destinations, why not go somewhere extra Christmassy this year? To help you decide on a destination, Send My Bag has chosen the ten best Christmas holiday locations to get you in the festive mood.
Top Five European Destinations for Cultural Holidays
If you are looking for a destination for your next cultural holiday or seeking out historical places to visit, Send My Bag has put together a list of the top five historical destinations in Europe. This follows on from our look at the best holiday destinations for sports lovers, and is a guide for those who prefer to spend their holidays learning about their destination’s culture and history by visiting museums, monuments and historical sites.
Five Unusual Holidays
Why not take an unusual holiday in Europe this year by choosing a destination that you would not normally think of visiting? You could find that you discover some of Europe’s hidden gems. To get you started, Send My Bag have picked out some unusual holiday destinations that you could try.
Top Destinations to Chase the Winter Blues
Whether you are partial to a blast of winter sun or prefer to have fun in the snow, you can keep the holiday spirit of Christmas alive by planning a winter break this January. A break from the drudge of the daily commute will help you sail through the winter months, and you can have lots of fun deciding where you want to go and planning what you are going to do when you get there. Why not choose from one of these five destinations that will be sure to chase away those winter blues?