Luggage Shipping to Bahrain
Send your things to Bahrain to allow you to relocate there or move back home. You can also send sports equipment, including golf clubs and bikes.
Important Bahrain Customs Information
Customers are currently limited to a maximum declared value of $500 USD / £300 / 435€/ $685 AUD for shipments entering Bahrain, in order to reduce the chance of delays with customs clearance and additional duty and taxes.
The declared value is for customs purposes only and does not affect the level of Send My Bag Complimentary Cover selected at the time of booking. Further information is available on our FAQ page.
General customs information
Most countries allow a reasonable amount of personal effects to be shipped into their country duty free, so the majority of Send My Bag shipments worldwide will not be stopped by customs.
Personal effects are usually assessed as used items that have been in the sender's possession for at least 6 months. If your bag is inspected by Bahrain customs officials and they find brand new or commercial items, you may have to pay customs duties and taxes. Do keep this in mind if you are sending Christmas gifts. Please check with Bahrain customs so you are aware of potential customs duties, follow any advice given and attach all necessary documentation.
Customs processes and allowances do vary by country, so we advise all travellers take 5 minutes to check how their personal circumstances and what they are sending will be assessed under the prevailing Bahrain customs regulations.
When a bag is stopped by customs for any reason (missing documentation, prohibited contents, commercial contents or further information required) Send My Bag™ records how long customs hold it for. Our historical statistics for this route indicate that if the customs authority stops your bag they will on average take 1 days to process it and release it back to us for delivery.
In order to show your shipment is personal effects, you will be required to complete a brief non-generic packing list online, entries to be made in the format: "2 x Leather Jacket, 5 x Denim Jeans, 3 x Cotton Blouse", and so on, rather than as "10 x Used Clothing".
More information is available on our customs information page.
What can I send to Bahrain? What items are restricted?
With Send My Bag™ you can travel with almost everything you would normally find in a holiday suitcase however for security and customs reasons certain items are prohibited.
On all US domestic services you may send:
- Shower gel.
- Other non flammable and non alcohol based liquids, pastes & gels for use on holiday.
Nail varnish, perfume and aerosols are not permitted. If these items are included in your luggage it may be returned to you.
Whilst non alcohol based liquids are permitted, damage caused by leakage is not covered by complimentary cover and therefore only small amounts should be sent. If an x-ray shows liquids of any type security may stop your bag for inspection.
The following items are prohibited at all times:
- Aerosols or any other pressurised containers;
- Alcohol based or flammable Liquids, Pastes and Gels of any type including but not limited to nail varnish and perfume;*
- Toner Cartridges;
- Loose Batteries & Power Banks;
- No more than 1 device containing a battery in line with our battery policy;
- Animals and Animal products;
- Firearms and firearm parts, ammunition, explosives, weapons (including imitations of same);
- Flowers and plant products;
- Human remains or ashes;
- Medical samples;
- Items that require a temperature controlled environment;
- Prescription drugs and pharmaceutical products;
- Religious Artefacts
- Foodstuffs, perishable, animal origin and controlled food articles and beverages including, but not limited to: Fruit & vegetables, dairy products (including dried products containing dairy such as protein powder), meat, fish, nuts, seeds, wine, beer, spirits and champagne; or
- Packages that are wet, leaking or emit an odour of any kind;
- Valuables and high value items including but not limited to antiques, paintings, jewellery, precious stones and electrical equipment (low value electrical equipment is permitted but sent at the owner's risk);
- Cash or other forms of tradeable currency;
- Credit cards;
- Passports or other confidential personal documentation;
- Irreplaceable items;
- Other Dangerous / hazardous goods;
- Counterfeit goods;
- Other illegal or restricted goods.
More information is available under section 11 of our terms of service.
In addition to the above when sending to Bahrain we prohibit the sending of:
- Items offensive to Muslim culture;
- Mobile Phones;
- Non-prescription drugs and pharmaceutical products.
Items excluded from cover
The following items will be accepted but are sent at your risk and are not included under complimentary cover:
- Electrical Items, including but not limited to; Tablets, Cell Phones, Computers, Hi-Fis, TVs.
- Glass & Porcelain.
- Any other non standard excess baggage items.
If you choose to send any of the above please ensure you package the item appropriately, for example a TV inside a suitcase is not appropriate.