Baggage Shipping to Poland
Important Poland Customs Information
Most countries offer a generous duty free allowance for personal effects and the majority of Send My Bag™ shipments worldwide will not be stopped by customs.
Personal effects are usually assessed as used items which have been in the sender's possession for 6 months or more. If your bag is checked by customs and is found to contain brand new or commercial items your shipment may be assessed for customs duties and taxes. If you are sending Christmas gifts please check with the destination country so you are aware of potential customs duties, follow their advice and attach all necessary documentation.
Customs processes and allowances do vary by country and as such we advise all travellers take 5 minutes to check how their personal circumstances and what they are sending will be assessed under the prevailing customs regulations of the destination.
When a bag is stopped by customs for any reason (missing documentation, prohibited contents, commercial contents or further information required) Send My Bag™ records how long customs hold it for. Our historical statistics for this route indicate that if the customs authority stops your bag they will on average take 3 days to process it and release it back to us for delivery.
More information is available in on our customs information page.
In order to demonstrate your shipment is personal effects you will be required to complete a brief non generic packing list online, entries to be made in the format: "5 x Cotton T-Shirts, 2 x Jeans, 3 x Cotton Shirt" and so on rather than as "10 x Used Clothing".
What can I send to Poland? What items are restricted?
With Send My Bag™ you can travel with almost everything you would normally find in a vacation suitcase. For security and customs reasons, however, certain items are prohibited. Please find these listed below.
- Aerosols or any other pressurised containers;
- Liquids, Pastes and Gels of any type (including nail varnish and perfume);
- Toner Cartridges;
- Animals and Animal products;
- Firearms and firearm parts, ammunition, explosives, weapons (including imitations of same);
- Dangerous / hazardous goods;
- Flowers and plant products;
- Human remains or ashes;
- Illegal or restricted goods;
- Medical samples;
- Items that require a temperature controlled environment;
- Prescription drugs and pharmaceutical products;
- Religious Artefacts
- Foodstuffs, perishable food articles and beverages including, but not limited to: Wine, Beer, Spirits and Champagne; or
- Packages that are wet, leaking or emit an odour of any kind;
- Valuables and high value items including but not limited to antiques, paintings, jewellery, precious stones;
- Cash or other forms of tradeable currency;
- Irreplaceable items.
More information is available under section 11 of our terms of service.
In addition to the above when sending to Poland we prohibit the sending of:
- Coal & Firewood.
- Military Equipment.
Items excluded from cover
The following items will be accepted but are sent at your risk and are not included under complimentary cover:
- Electrical Items, including but not limited to; Tablets, Cell Phones, Computers, Hi-Fis, TVs.
- Glass & Porcelain.
- Any other non standard excess baggage items.
If you choose to send any of the above please ensure you package the item appropriately, for example a TV inside a suitcase is not appropriate.
12565 people have reviewed SendMyBag Since 25 Aug '14
SendMyBag can deliver to and collect from the whole of Poland, so whether you're visiting to learn of the history of Auschwitz or conferencing in Warsaw, SendMyBag is the reliable hassle free alternative to carrying a lot of luggage.
Polish zip code format: 5 numbers e.g. 05-500
Poland is divided into 16 regions:
Dolnoslaskie, Kujawsko-Pomorskie, Lubuskie, Lodzkie, Lubelskie, Mazowieckie, Malopolskie, Opolskie, Podlaskie, Podkarpackie, Pomorskie, Slaskie, Swietokrzyskie, Warminsko-Mazurskie, Wielkopolskie, Zachodniopomorskie .
Ready to send to Poland? Send your Luggage, Excess Baggage and Sports Equipment to Poland today.